Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 09 Speed Triple and want to find the best fendor eliminator kit. Any guidence would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm part of the 08+ crowd. We have been lamenting the fact that there really is no good one.

From what I have seen, people have complained about the Mad Doctor kit for being too expensive, and reducing the visibility of the taillight and the turn signals.

The Competition Werkes kit leaves gaps around the taillight and overall doesn't look very good.

(Does anyone have the RG Racing kit?)

We should have a sticky thread like the exhaust thread. Post what the kit is, detailed photos, how much, where you bought it, etc

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the RG tail tidy. I like it as it appears to have come from the factory that way. Bolts right up. No need to cut the harness, just a pig tail. The kit uses the standard turn signals also. It can be bought from British Customs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the RG tail tidy. I like it as it appears to have come from the factory that way. Bolts right up. No need to cut the harness, just a pig tail. The kit uses the standard turn signals also. It can be bought from British Customs.
I was considering that one. If you had time and wanted to post some detailed pics from different angles that would be great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
best solution I've seen so far is the D675 integrated light with the frog specialties eliminator kit w/out the signals... search user 'listo', he's posted good pics of his set up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
R&G tail tidy...

Here is the R&G set-up with a pic of stock signals and with the D 675 Clear Alternatives integrated tail light. I used a universal plate bracket instead of the plastic one and mounted back a bit to keep the plate under the tail. if you have any questions let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the feedback. This does look good,...much better than what I have seen so far. I will definately look into to purchasing this.

·
Registered
379 Posts
the top two choices are the R&G tail tidy and the mad doctor FE....
Downfall for the mad doctor is during the day u can barely see the tailight and signals when brakes are applied, it is a very clean kit but it matters what you want to sacrifice. The R&G has been a big positive, but i would suggest purchasing a D675 clear alternatives tailight along with the R&G for the best look.....IMO the turn signals that come with the kit look terrible and mount in a ugly spot so the clear alternatives is the best way to go.....british customs sells all of these products

·
Registered
97 Posts
I reckon the best option is the Ermax unit with an integrated tail light. They also have a long thin type of indicator which doesn't look too bad, if you wanted some more obvious indicators.

IMO opinion the indicator mounts on the R & G look terrible and it looks ridiculous with the standard indicators. Only problem is the Ermax seems a bit difficult to find.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is the R&G set-up with a pic of stock signals and with the D 675 Clear Alternatives integrated tail light. I used a universal plate bracket instead of the plastic one and mounted back a bit to keep the plate under the tail. if you have any questions let me know

Nice set up, I'm curious to hear your pipes, they look badass.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is another picture of the Tail Tidy with the tag light in the location supplied for it. It is as OEM looking as I've found, and I am very happy with it.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts