Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for a decent eliminator for a decent price I decided to make my own for my 06 D955. Total cost was about 38.00 and my time which is worth nothing this time of year. In that 38.00 included both pairs of signals front and rear. I posted a few pictures at the link below for anyone interested. Sorry no mini clicky, can't do that stuff.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/555728338QONfJx?vhost=good-times

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Love it and want to do it for mine, did you have to cut any of the original fender or does the old rear bit unbolt, I ask as I want to kep the big fender for witer and get that look for summer, all advice greatfully recieved,DD.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
You will need to cut the fender. The fender is one big piece that goes under the tail. Which is also the bottom end of the small little storage space under the seat.

I just bought the one from Sky King that was at my dealer. Got it for about $40. Got a deal on it since I was buying the bike that day. Usually sell at $50.

[ This message was edited by: TechmanBD on 2006-11-21 13:40 ]

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DD,

You should be able to find a used undertail piece from a wrecked bike. Other 955 models are probably the same. I would think it is the last piece anyone would be able to get rid of or even try. Ask anyone who is parting out a bike if they have the piece. At the change of seasons you could just change over the entire undertail. I can't see going to the trouble, but if that's what you want go for it. I've never had a problem on my RS in the winter without the ugly rear fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts