Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Aw shucks Fred, must say I went to a ouija board, checked the star alignment developers, went to a soothsayer, talked to a psycho -- OOPS ! -- psychic, consulted a card reader, conferred with a fortune teller, tried an astrologer, and even heard from a clairvoyant about which is the very best classic Triumph Bonneville.

Must say, you'll be glad to know, it did not take the entire group too long to unanimously and clearly state that the very best classic Bonneville, bar none, was a 2006 or 2007 T100 in red and black !

Their second choice was the same years in the tuxedo black and white. Now, what more proof of the best Bonneville do you need than that; it says it all. And that is why I have a 2006 Bonneville T100 in red and black -- now you know why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Aw shucks Fred, must say I went to a ouija board, checked the star alignment developers, went to a soothsayer, talked to a psycho -- OOPS ! -- psychic, consulted a card reader, conferred with a fortune teller, tried an astrologer, and even heard from a clairvoyant about which is the very best classic Triumph Bonneville.

Must say, you'll be glad to know, it did not take the entire group too long to unanimously and clearly state that the very best classic Bonneville, bar none, was a 2006 or 2007 T100 in red and black !

Their second choice was the same years in the tuxedo black and white. Now, what more proof of the best Bonneville do you need than that; it says it all. And that is why I have a 2006 Bonneville T100 in red and black -- now you know why.
Seems I may have accidentally ended up with a popular combo. I purchased a 2004,(carbed better cams air cooled etc..) Bonneville black (blacked out engine). Due to
a poor storage situation it ended up with a red-black tank from a 2006. Previous owner swapped the tank. With a few mods jetting,Predator pros, better seat, it is
my favorite. I also own a 2016 WC T120. I still find myself preferring the air cooled bike. The handling and way the 360 degree engine feels does it for me.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The original Lucifer Orange and Silver 2002 Anniversary is really nice, which is why I've kept my original tin wear should I ever want to go back. I have a soft spot for the 2005 Creamsicle and yes, the Black and White Tuxedo is pretty neat, Best that we don't mention Paul Smith ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts

When it was 2002, and 2003 and the years 2004 through 2021 didn't exist, the best Bonnies were 2001 and 2002 and all those great earlier models. It's all relative, especially if a relative owns the years in question. Smiles and winks. ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've got to say that my wife's '01 Bonnie, in sky blue and silver, gets more attention where ever we go than
any other triumph around on the day.
On an original colored 2001 that's the red color (not my choice of color ) and folks keep wandering up liking it. I like your wife's by they way--would have preferred that.

Me, one day I'll change it to one of these toothpaste blue colors (think 1970s Crest Tooth Paste Blue) or a really bright yellow. That's just me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now if we're talking about favourite factory paint scheme, then I'd have to choose "scorched yellow" t100 - bonus points for it being offered in 2007.

·
Registered
2005 T100
2,673 Posts
2007 for sure.
  • 865 cc engine with all the engineering fixes
  • Carbureted - simpler, which I prefer
  • Nicer, narrower tank - efi tanks are more bulbous - required to fit the fuel pump.
  • Nicer rear hub - later years have straight spoke rear hubs which are less aesthetically pleasing to me.
No other year has this combination of features.
2005 T100 has the reinforced starter boss ( according to vin) and assembled in Britain, 865 carb.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2005 T100 has the reinforced starter boss ( according to vin) and assembled in Britain, 865 carb.
Only 2005 model year, or all >2005 motors have that as standard? Would be good to understand what's inside my 2007 without having to remove the cover to look. Thanks.

FB

·
Registered
181 Posts
You're right!

From wikipedia:
At the debut the new version was given a 790 cc parallel-twin engine, with the up-spec T100 receiving an 865 cc engine from 2005. From 2007 on, all Bonnevilles received the 865 cc engine.

So now I'll change my opinion to any 2005-2007 t100 otherwise 2007 any Bonneville model.

Reactions: Sal Paradise

·
Registered
2005 T100
2,673 Posts
Only 2005 model year, or all >2005 motors have that as standard? Would be good to understand what's inside my 2007 without having to remove the cover to look. Thanks.

FB

At a certain VIN they changed the cases. Been years since I looked it up

·
Registered
454 Posts
You're right!

From wikipedia:
At the debut the new version was given a 790 cc parallel-twin engine, with the up-spec T100 receiving an 865 cc engine from 2005. From 2007 on, all Bonnevilles received the 865 cc engine.

So now I'll change my opinion to any 2005-2007 t100 otherwise 2007 any Bonneville model.
;) What's wrong w/ 790 cc?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts