Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,314 Posts
I wasn't "all day," heck, it was barely part of the day, but I rode 27 miles today to run an errand to the store 1 mile from my house.

#retiredlife

;)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Jus revisiting this thread. My Tiger is currently in the shop, so no riding that bike until the shifter is repaired.

Anyway, because traffic is horrendous, I rarely venture out to LA. Getting there is fine (leave here early), just getting back can be a nightmare. But, I DO miss those roads!

I pretty much just beat the local roads over and over. I currently have 2 bikes in the shop. I'm down to just 1 now! (The Husky!)

Ride safe, all!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I frequently ride my bikes on the backroads in the California mountains in the summer. Last weekend we took our crew cab pickup and went to check on our property up there. On the way up we came on a "traveling circus" [i.e. group of harley dressers]. One bike lying in the road. Rider off on the shoulder, not looking too happy, or comfortable. On the way home I passed several more of this same type going the other way, dragging knees on harleys, oblivious to the busy Sunday afternoon traffic! Our mountain communities are plagued with these clowns [not just harleys] all summer. Also saw the CHP out in force. Good for them. Some of us LIVE there. Please ride responsibly. Be Safe. ...J.D.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
There are three major areas that bring me tremendous enjoyment and satisfaction to ride.

Three Twisted Sisters in the Texas Hill Country.

Anywhere in the Missouri/Arkansas Ozarks.

Anywhere in the Blue Ridge mountains... Particularly the Cherohala Skyway.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
In 2002, my wife and I rented a Harley Deuce and spent the day touring the island of Kauai - one of the most memorable rides of our 47 year marriage. 20 min from beach to tropical jungles to mountain waterfalls to mountain peaks. Some of the most spectacular views.

Here in VA one of our fav all day rides is any one of a half dozen super-twisty rides from west of Richmond to the ridge of the Blue Ridge on the Blue Ridge Expressway or Skyline Drive, about 60 miles on either, then more twisty roads home.

Longer rides to the Appalachians and wandering through them to WVA - US Routes 250 or 33 or 60 being fantastic.

Even more taking the Blue Ridge down to SW VA like to Bristol, TN.

Virginia is an incredible state to ride in with beaches to the east, mountains to the west, millions of acres of heavy hardwood forest with well-canopied two-lane roads that are cool and dark on hot, sunny days, breaking into open farm fields, rivers, lakes and more.

Y'all come........

GN

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
This was my Days ride when I lived in CA :-

Start and finish is @ Laguna Seca Raceway Head down 68 towards Salinas, take River rd, follow G17 to G16 (Arroyo Seca Rd to Carmel Valley Rd turn left on Tassajajara Rd back to Carmel Valley Rd, then take Laureles Grade back to 68 and Laguna Seca Raceway

41 - 47 of 47 Posts