Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to place my order for my 09 Sprint ST in Pacific Blue. I'm getting cold feet on the colour choice. Is the blue the old man's choice. The last bike I had in blue was a 1979 Simpson 50 (remember them?):eek:. Should I be going for black or graphite instead?

Which will be easiest to sell when the time comes?:confused:

Is blue the new black? Is grey the new black? Is black the new black?

Please someone help me make my mind up:D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
That blue is one of the most beautiful tri-coats I have ever seen. In the pics it just looks dark but up close and personal in sunshine it glows with golds, silvers and shades of blue.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
White is actually the new black. The Pacific Blue is one of the most attractive colors Triumph has produced for the ST. I don't think you will regret that choice, although Graphite is reserved for men (and women) with "Superior Equipment"...

denoose
'08 Graphite ST

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I highly disagree with all of your opinions on the new Pacific Blue.

It's Caspian blue for me or nothing. :)

I fell in love with the color when they first released this generation of sprint and prefer it over the newer Pacific Blue.

Go your own way tho. Blue overall is by no means an Old Mans Color.

--Kory

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's a scientific fact that Tornado Red is the most potent of all Triumph colours. It's so potent, they only made it available for one year on the 1050.

That said, the new Pacific Blue is nice and tasteful, Caspian Blue was starting to hurt my eyes, much like Teal Green did in the early 90's.

Hard to go wrong with black, ever, and Graphite has a timeless quality to it as well.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
So do you reckon they are going to bring out a white SE version like the stunning 675 Dayt?

Oh my heck I hope so!!!

That Daytona is nothing short of amazing. I hated white for years but for some reason it has really grown on me. The white GSXR's and the white Daytona. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm just about to place my order for my 09 Sprint ST in Pacific Blue. I'm getting cold feet on the colour choice. Is the blue the old man's choice. The last bike I had in blue was a 1979 Simpson 50 (remember them?):eek:. Should I be going for black or graphite instead?

Which will be easiest to sell when the time comes?:confused:

Is blue the new black? Is grey the new black? Is black the new black?

Please someone help me make my mind up:D
Talking about it will help but courting other peoples opinions wont, because colour choice is subjective. Resale is an issue, but you've gotta love it, and buying a bike like this in a colour you've chosen for resale opportunity [for me] just aint right. Anyway all the colours are really good, so that wont be an issue. Have confidence in your own opinion and choice. Go for it and love it, because YOU chose it [or maybe it chooses you]....:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Have another read of the above posts. Words like "beautiful", "attractive", "tasteful", "timeless quality" and "fell in love"... These words shouldn't be used to describe a man's motorcycle. If you're a man get black, all other colours are for sissies.

Black is also faster and stealthier for robbing banks and other stuff that real men do.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmm. I'm still leaning to BLUE but there's still a risk that the UE will be replaced by ACK when I come to fill out the order form:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I long for my Sapphire Blue 2000 - that was by far my favorite. I like my current 2003 "pavement camo" silver, but that blue was fantastic and somewhat unique at the time. Triumph have done some nice blue hues over the years.

I also liked the fire engine red with the black wheels (also an earlier combo). I almost bought one of those new when they first hit the dealers, but it would have been my first road bike in a long time, and I decided on a used red VFR instead.

Of course, since this is for 2009, I have to go with... well... I'm not terribly fond of any of them but if pressed... the blue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Pacific Blue is an awesome color. I was iffy looking at the pictures, but seeing the blue and black ones in person, I definitely prefer the blue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts