Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

new owner here, looking for some advice.

I want to get a little more height and rearward postion to my bars, I don't really want risers, can anyone tell me if the oem fat bar conversion gives the same bar position or actually helps, if not I am considering a renthal conversion, has anyone done this and if so do you have a bar number, I have beem looking at 761, `115mm rise instead of the stock 60mm.

Also any pics would be good!!!

Thanks and looking forward to your replies to the first post :):)

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Triumph fatbars are similar bend as 05-07 OEM bars. Also the Triumph risers are an off non-standard diameter, so if going to fatbars you'll have much more options with aftermarket 28.6mm (1 1/8") risers.

Easiest would be if you could visit a local shop that sells Renthal, Pro-Taper or the like and just try the bars out for yourself.

·
Registered
327 Posts
you can always try this: lossen two front bolts on the clampsand rotate them towards you while on the bike. You will be amazed what just a 1/4 of an inch will do for your riding position.

I had the headstock lubed at 12k and when I rode out I felt like I was on a harley- turned right back around and used their allen wrench and put it back the way it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts