Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Red

Votes: 4 4.2%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, we are always debating which is the fastest colour (after silver of course :D), so let's have it written down officially - which is the fastest colour, second, third, etc.

There's only two ways to sort this one out, a big fight or a poll.

Seems the poll would be the best option, and no cheating !!

So first of all lets get all the colours down before we post the poll.

Silver.
Yellow.
Blue.
Black.
Green.
White.
Orange.
Red.

Any more ?? (10 is the max for a poll)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't forget there where two greens.If I recall rightly Lucifer green and racing green.

But everybody knows that black is by far the fastest colour.:D:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can 't Vote Yet

:( I don't pick up my SILVER Tiger until tomorrow morning, so I'll have to wait to make a proper judgement call......:D

·
Registered
391 Posts
40% for silver already, that will do for me, if silver does not come out on top it will be because everyone is jealous of the silver Tigers and voted for another colour out of spite! ;):D

Andy............. (silver, but you would never guess). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yellow wins it:D as its also the coolest colour:cool:
They only dropped the colour in favour of silver for the 995 to keep the re-sale price for the 885 high;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just walked into my garage and asked Shadowfax her opinion (i would, of course, be biased therefore i am keeping out of this).
After careful consideration, she resolutely purred 'Sssssssssilverrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

Poll over i guess.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course, it's got nothing to do with the fact silver is the most common colour :rolleyes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Okay, I'm in on this....

After my first ride on a Tiger, which lasted 6 hours in the saddle, I can weigh in on this and honestly report Silver is indeed the fastest color.

That was easy.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just look at the names of the colors

British RACING Green is obviously the fastest color. Why else would they name it that.:D

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
It has to be black, and here's why: Black is defined as the absence of color. Therefore, black Tigers are not slowed or otherwise inhibited by gobs of those pesky photons all bunched up in the way and screwing with the laminar flow- like all those other colors. Interestingly both Newton and Einstein would have chosen black Tigers for the inherent advantage. It must also be mentioned that wicked, nasty, evil, bad-ass black is truly the coolest color... as in hippest, most with-it, and ERR, I just bought one last week! Could be a tad bit biased.

·
Registered
890 Posts
All Wrong

This poll is obviousy biased, wrong and completely off. I talked to my paintologist the other day and he informed me that it is a scientific fact that blazing orange is the fastest color in the universe {some thing about orange molocules sliding thru space and time at a faster rate than any others} and that any orange Tiger would be at least 1 to 2 seconds faster in the quarter mile than any other colored Tiger. I think that should end this discussion. Besides, its time for my pill and my nap.
-----------------------
Remember....When you come to a fork in the road--Take it.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What the hell is going on here - black is in the lead :eek:

Come on silvers - get voting, I couldn't face the humiliation :(

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
What the hell is going on here - black is in the lead :eek:

Come on silvers - get voting, I couldn't face the humiliation :(
Sorry Graeme, even though my Tiger is Silver, it's not the fastest colour, Black is clearly faster as the absence of colour, less weight etc.

In reality, Silver may not be the fastest, but it's the colour of my bike, which makes it the coolest, the easiest to maintain and because Silver is a preciouse mineral, it makes it more regal.

So you can all have your speed, but as an all round BEST colour, Silver has it hands down. :D

Mick :cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts