Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Speed Triple
47 Posts
Been a long time since I’ve been there. I rode my Kawasaki Z1000 from near the Pacific Ocean in Oregon to NC just to hit The Dragon. What a thrill that entire experience was. The Smokey Mountains are one of the few places I would consider leaving the PNW for.

·
Registered
2009 Speed Triple
47 Posts
Wow...that is dedication..! I salute you.
Thank you! It was definitely outside of my comfort zone. I was a young man with a motorcycle and knew it was one of my last opportunities to do something wild before I settled in for a career. I’m happy I took the trip. 28 days and almost 10k miles. I camped for a lot of it. Met some really amazing people all across the US. It didn’t cost much either.

I just sold my Z1000 a few weeks ago so that I could get a new Speed Triple. I rode that bike for nearly 10 years, but never a journey that big. Hats off to you, pal.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy the new Speed. I had an 05 Z1000. I had it for about 10 years as well. Put almost 30k miles on it. I sold it this summer when I bought my 09 Speed Triple. I will always love that bike and cherish the memories but the Speed is more inline with what I want now. Doesn’t have the big top end but so much torque it just makes me laugh. Here’s a picture of mine below. I did a lot of modifications.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts