Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motorne site?

Does anyone know whether Motorne is still around. I checked out their site last week, then went to check it out again today, and lo and behold there's nothing there..???

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Hopefully a picture of the painted fairing fitted to the bike.

Triton; to fit a bikini fairing I would have had to move the handlebars which are fitted as my bike is an efi not carb model. Glad your happy with your fairing as I'm sure it was a bit less hassle to fit.

Not sure what next, suspension or get the pipes I have finished and mounted which then will mean a Power Commander.

jpinder

I tried the to find the Motorne sight without success.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fieldsheer
I know what you mean but the EFI bars are further back so it might not have been a problem - don't forget this fairing locates on the headlight rim so the only way to relocate the fairing up or down would be to move the headlight up or down too which could be a problem!:confused:
Not sure how it would look that high up either! The fairing you have there looks really nice - good job!
Cheers
Steve
PS This is how mine came out:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Which Fairing is yours? Looks nice!

Hopefully a picture of the painted fairing fitted to the bike.

Triton; to fit a bikini fairing I would have had to move the handlebars which are fitted as my bike is an efi not carb model. Glad your happy with your fairing as I'm sure it was a bit less hassle to fit.

Not sure what next, suspension or get the pipes I have finished and mounted which then will mean a Power Commander.

jpinder

I tried the to find the Motorne sight without success.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, Triton, that fairing looks great. I just bought the same one, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about turn signals. Which ones did you go with? And how much trouble was the wiring? The ones you have look really good mounted on the fairing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey, Triton, that fairing looks great. I just bought the same one, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about turn signals. Which ones did you go with? And how much trouble was the wiring? The ones you have look really good mounted on the fairing.
If I recall I got them from BellaCorse and they are the LED type. I had to make a tapered washer so that they would point forward since where they sit on the fairing is not parallel to the direction you ride but it worked out fine. Wiring was not an issue as it's all hidden away inside the headlight - you'll need new connectors is all. PM me if you want close up shots of anything.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anyone wants to do a cheapo "fly screen".

I bought a Buell Blast fly screen for cheap and have used it on my Vmax, Guzzi V11 Sport and it's now on my Thruxton. I made the mounting hardware out of lexan I had lying around (strong and almost invisible) and the screen is black so it goes with just about anything. It takes enough wind off to prevent my neck from becoming sore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same 09 Red Thruxton. Where did you find the fairing? I've been looking for something to give me a little wind protection that looks right. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the exact same 09 Red Thruxton. Where did you find the fairing? I've been looking for something to give me a little wind protection that looks right. Thanks
I bought the fairing in 1980 when I fitted it to a Suzuki GS425. The handlebar clearance has been increased over standard to clear a few different sets of bars down the years.

The fopricellowing may contacts may help.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/Rickmancr.htm#price

never used them but they have been around a while.

or

http://www.classic-motorcycle-fiberglass.com/kawasaki.htm

Excellent guy to deal with. Really helpfull. We bought a Short Dunstall fairing from him about 18 months ago. My partner wanted the same fairing as used in the film 'Stone' for her Z650.

or watch ebay as they do come up occasionally.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts