Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to buy a fairing bolt for an '01 TT600 (old shape). Went to the dealers and ended up paying £3.95 for the bolt, and another 53p for the washer! :pssd:

The bolt i needed before was one of the smaller ones near the front where the belly pan joins with the bit around the headlight. (ie the run of three bolts on either side where the yellow meets the black bit)

Now i've noticed that one of the bigger bolts has gone missing, grr. Its the one that you can see if you look down next to the frame and fuel tank.

Does anyone know what size i should look for, and any idea of where i could but a replacement (not from triumph!)

[ This message was edited by: PmSonic on 2007-03-07 03:54 ]

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is there one on the opposite side you can pull out and bring to a hardware store to get a matched one? I'd also recommend Loctite if you keep rattling bolts loose..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I feel your pain. All the little bolts from Triumph are mucho dinero. I replaced the bolts on my brake rotors and I think those things were about $4 a piece!

·
Super Moderator
8,922 Posts
Certain Honda bolts fit and are a lot cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts