Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found a 1995 TB with 6k miles, new tires, no mods and running well. Cosmetically in good shape with the exception of small ding in the tank. Needs the fluid chnaged and battery is strong. Buyer is firm at $3500. I know its difficult to estimate without seeing the bike but what do you think of $3500 for a 1995 TB.

Thanks

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sounds OK to me..... a couple of weeks ago I rode a 1998 TB at a local dealership...
1998 Thunderbird - $3999 - 34,000 miles - King-Queen seat, passenger backrest/luggage rack, chrome chain guard, new tires, new mufflers, bike has been lowered.... IMO a good running bike.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is the ding in the fuel tank noticeable? If so be aware a new tank is over $750 new or perhaps half that on ebay used.
I would certainly use that as a bargaining chip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am going to offer him a couple of hundred less. The issue I am finding is that there are not many TB or TBS around for sale. I have been looking for about 6 weeks and have only seen two others in my area.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think I am going to offer him a couple of hundred less. The issue I am finding is that there are not many TB or TBS around for sale. I have been looking for about 6 weeks and have only seen two others in my area.
Same here.... that's why I made an offer on a TBS.... it's not as pristine as I would prefer...but it's local, and I can see exactly what I'm getting.... I've seen some better looking TBS on the internet in the last month..... but the only way to know if a bike is really OK is to check it out, up close and personal... that's not really doable for me when they're hundreds of miles away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two summers ago I dropped $3200 on my 1995 Tbird. Great shape, no dings, 12K miles, fair tires, dying battery and 1 broken footpeg mount. Mods included fork gaiters and lower bars. I think it was worth the price.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
They seem to be appreciating due to demand, so that is fair if the bike is in good condition. Ask him if the sprag starter clutch has ever been replaced, and listen for a clacking noise during starting. It was a problem more specific to 95 and 96 models. If it has not been replaced, that is at least $1000 off the value of the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up with an 01 TBird with 10k miles. Thebike is perfect and came with a bunch of add on's (TOR, K and Q seat, SS brake line, leather bags and a windshield). I have put about 200 miles on it and I LOVE it. Power is smooth, handles well and just a kick in the a$$ to ride. Oh, and no matter where I stop someone always asks me about it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
and paid $3800 for it, which may be a little high but I don't care I really like the bike. :)
Which bike will you ride to Butler's Orchard next year?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I paid 2200 for my 95 Tbird in great condition last year. only had 6700 miles on it. I got a steal because it was from a friend. I would gladly pay 3500 for it. I love my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts