Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode home from Indy GP 857miles in 12.5 hrs, basically gas and go to get my son to his cubscout meeting in time. No issues, parked bike went to start it a few weeks later and made a chug and then more of whirring noise when turning over. Just getting around to go after it. other priorities
1- Oil was low when got home
2- Oil can symbol blinks when key on. Engine light on, Oil light on
I changed oil and check oil pressure sensor switch and connections seem to be oKay.
have spark, pulled cam cover to check valve clearances, time for it anyway 23k only one slightly tight on intake side. Cams look fine, no signs of wear or scalling from low oil level. Just tried hooking up OBD2 code reader and can't get it to recognize bike, first post sorry if did it wrong

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
Welcome Gibbi25

Gibbi25

what are you riding and where are you?:confused:

Don and I ask all noobs to please read our forum stickies.

An introduction would be nice if you could manage it:)

cheers
DaveM:HappySidecar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry First post anywhere

Sorry Dave this was my first post anywhere. Still not sure what a sticky is.. I'll ask

My name is Eric from Connecticut in the US. Currently riding a 2000 Sprint RS since new. Had a 98 Thunderbird Sport before that.

Rode down the Baja Penisula, and several trips outwest on it. Quite a few track days on it. Love the bike, love the Brand. Time is tight as my two sons are 5 and 7 now, so squeeze in bike time early in the morning or late at night in the garage.

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
No wullies

No problemo Eric and thanks for the response:)

It's just easier to answer questions if we know a little more that's all. Peeps often forget this is a World Wide Web and think we know:D

Oh and stickies are the threads at the top of the page that we mods have made to stick there so that they don't move and are easy to find.

We are a pretty friendly bunch and have not a few clever technical fellows.

cheers
DaveM:HappySidecar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts