Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I thought i would post this for all you doubters across the big old US of A, You can all rest assured that your speed triples are all built here in the UK, So it is time to put this issue to bed, there has been so much debate on here as to where your bikes are built, so i posed the question on my recent tour of the factory, all triumph engines are put together at hinkley not just the speed triple ones, and all speed triples are put together at hinkley, If you ever get the chance to do this tour go for it. Merry Xmas

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Guys, I thought i would post this for all you doubters across the big old US of A, You can all rest assured that your speed triples are all built here in the UK, So it is time to put this issue to bed, there has been so much debate on here as to where your bikes are built, so i posed the question on my recent tour of the factory, all triumph engines are put together at hinkley not just the speed triple ones, and all speed triples are put together at hinkley, If you ever get the chance to do this tour go for it. Merry Xmas
Yes, yes Mr Tricky, but were the assemblers British ?

We all know that the majority of workers in this country are forgein, either legal or illegal, makes no difference, so the odds are that the bikes are technically forgein built in a British factory.

Now I've heard a rumour that the management in it's wisdom has split the production into two halves. British workers with full mechanical qualifications producing the bikes destined for the UK market and illegal/migrant unskilled workers assembling the bikes meant for export to Europe and America.

Any bikes which fail the lower quality control standards on the export line are diverted to Canada of course.

Pete

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your almost funny

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
all triumph engines are put together at hinkley not just the speed triple ones, and all speed triples are put together at hinkley
It would have been interesting to get an answer to "what is done at the Thai plant(s)?"

The final assembly of Rockets and Classics is common knowledge, but it would be interesting to hear how much of the other stuff is done there. For example are all the frames, engine cases etc. cast & machined over there and only assembled at UK?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it stands at the moment all machining is done at hinkley as is all powdercoating,

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did the factory tour in August and it was good to see so much fabrication, assembling and testing being done at Hinckley. The guide did mention the Thai plants in the initial brief, but not exactly what was done there.

Its definately a worthwhile day if you can get on a tour.

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
+1 to the above, I did it a couple of years ago, very enjoyable plus you get to have a Q&A session with an expert who can tell you loads of stuff that your local dealer hasn`t got a clue about.

One tip, don`t bring your wife or any small children, they will be bored to death!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts