Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well.

A couple of questions:

1) Somebody on this forum (and for the life of me I can't remember who it was) recently installed a Factory Pro Shift Kit on their bike. Can anyone tell me who might have posted information about doing this?

2) I'm a little curious about the Triumph eStore parts diagram that includes the oem diagram of this part....in their image posted at:

http://www.triumphestore.com/a/Trium...01643-1-2.html

...it appears as though they have reversed the images for the "Detent Arm Assembly, Gears" and the "Detent Arm Assembly, Neutral." I say this because when I look at my Hayes service manual for my bike (a '95 Daytona 900), I believe the diagrams are labeled correctly. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks very much for your patience!

Elimax

·
Registered
144 Posts
Please let us know how you like the shift kit. I was looking at getting one for my 02.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it makes very little difference, IMHO...but I haven't had it mounted for very long so that opinion is not fully founded yet.

Elimax

·
Registered
144 Posts
The full kit is the shift star and detent spring/bearing?

Are you up shifting with the clutch?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Snuffbox10:

The kit is ONLY the arm that touches the detent star, and the spring that holds the arm in place.

The kit doesn't contain the shift star.

And yes, I shift up with the clutch 99.9% of the time.

I bought the kit so that is was easier to find neutral....sadly, it didn't help.

Elimax

·
Registered
144 Posts
Elimax,

Thanks for the info. Any particular reason why didn't you go with the star as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts