Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I hope everyone is doing well.

A couple of questions:

1) Somebody on this forum (and for the life of me I can't remember who it was) recently installed a Factory Pro Shift Kit on their bike. Can anyone tell me who might have posted information about doing this?

2) I'm a little curious about the Triumph eStore parts diagram that includes the oem diagram of this part....in their image posted at:

http://www.triumphestore.com/a/Triu...529_5784277/Gear-Change-Pedal/301643-1-2.html

...it appears as though they have reversed the images for the "Detent Arm Assembly, Gears" and the "Detent Arm Assembly, Neutral." I say this because when I look at my Hayes service manual for my bike (a '95 Daytona 900), I believe the diagrams are labeled correctly. Can any of you confirm this?

Thanks very much for your patience!

Elimax

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, the Triumph eStore diagram is reversed and Haynes is correct.

When changing out the detent arm & spring be sure it's the one on the right side as you look at it, following removal of the clutch basket & associative gears.

This is a BIG job. My '95 D12 does shift better, most especially 1st to 2nd, but finding neutral is a little annoying now. All the work and hassle considered, I'm not certain it was worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts