Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other morning I was not able to disable the factory alarm on my 2000 Trophy using the remote (bad remote battery). I have now changed the battery and everything is working fine but I am wondering if there is a way of disabling the alarm for extended periods.
In the past when I have had to work on the bike I have disconnected the battery, closed the garage door and waited for the alarm to die - the neighbors really appreciate that!
I do not have the original owners manual so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi there,

i also have this problem when i don't use the bike for a few weeks. The fob basically won't work until i disco the battery and recon. Then the fob works to turn off the alarm siron.

wierd but it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kevh

The other morning I was not able to disable the factory alarm on my 2000 Trophy using the remote (bad remote battery). I have now changed the battery and everything is working fine but I am wondering if there is a way of disabling the alarm for extended periods.
In the past when I have had to work on the bike I have disconnected the battery, closed the garage door and waited for the alarm to die - the neighbors really appreciate that!
I do not have the original owners manual so any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

I'm assuming that you have the Triumph Veto alarm fitted.
OK, so the bike's standing there, alarm is armed and the red neon light on the rev counter is flashing.
Point the fob at the bike and press the circle button until the alarm beeps once.
Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position.
Press the circle button again until the alarm beeps twice. The red neon will now be constantly illuminated, and the alarm will beep every 15 seconds.
The bike alarm is now in service mode. You can remove the ignition key if you wish.
To reset the alarm, press the circle button with the key removed.
The instructions for the alarm are on an A4 sheet not the owners manual
Hope this helps.
WelshKev

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Service Mode for Alarm

Thanks for your help! Always impressed with the way everyone helps each other out on this site.

McG63

1 - 4 of 4 Posts