Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been waiting all day for my Predators and Airbox removal kit to arrive. Went to put on the pipes, and they don't fit?!! The passenger peg mount does not line up with the pipe mount, by about 1-2 inches. Could I think I have been sent a set of Bonnie pipes. I don't know if they are different, but I am not happy with the fit of the pieces. Anyone who has a bonnie and a thrux, are the passenger peg mounts different or the mufflers different? That is the only explanation I can think of. :pssd:

[ This message was edited by: rbrian_taylor on 2007-03-05 22:33 ]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hmmm....I don't know how much different the fitment is between the Bonnie and the Thrux, but I know the BUB's are meant for the Bonnie, but fit the Thrux nicely, so it can't be that big of a difference.

I know it always sucks to open the box of any product, start your install and then find out it doesn't fit right.

Give the guys at British Customs a call.....they'll make it right.

JOHN

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Brian - the angle of the pipes from a bonnie to a thrux is very different (bonnie kink everyone hates)- so if your predators are for a bonnie -they will not fit correctly on a thrux. Bonnie and thrux systems can be moved from one bike to another - but it must be the whole system because the angle of the headpipes is very different from one to the other. I just put an entire thrux system on my T100 and the BUB system on it went on a thrux. It is very likely you have the wrong mufflers - British Customs should correct right away - I and many others have had excellent customer service from them.

John

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called BC and they were very helpful. They had sent the correct pipes, I don't know why I couldn't get it right last night. The left side drooped in place perfectly in about 2 seconds, no lie. But the right side was the b!t*#. I loosened the header support bolt on the right, wrestled the pipe into position, bolted on the passenger peg, then tightened down everything. What a pain.

The kit is finished very well. Nice polish, welding, powder coating, etc. The biggest problems I had were literally bolting things together. The holes were rarely aligned and took more force than I usually like to exert. The previous thread about the powder coating in the threads is true.

Biggest complaints about the kit was the fitting of the right pipe, and the air box bolt holes were at the ends of the adjustment fore/aft. I would have also liked at least a one pager of the description of the pieces/instructions/something!

Thanks for all the posts about changing jets, air boxes pipes, etc. I would still be working on it if it wasn't for the threads on this forum. I am about to go ride it, so no pics yet, but I love the sound already!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought so too, the left one just fit like... just perfectly. I don't know what was up with the right one.
I just got back from a ride. That was great! It sounded like a real motorcycle. Had a lot more torque and HP (no dyno). I usually play around 4-4.5k RPM, now I was going to red line for fun. Totally hooligan. Definitely worth it. Everyone who is on the fence about hacking up their air box, or getting a NARK, etc. and free flow exhaust, DO IT!!! It is amazing what a little free-er breathing can do for this bike. :bday:

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
don't forget to drill vacuum hole 7/64 or 3 mm throttle response is much better :hammer:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seemed like the bracket was just a bit off. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the kit, just that one pipe and chasing the threads were a little more than I expected for the price. Performance is great though.
I haven't drilled the slide yet, but I might. Just a little apprehensive. I don't know much about carbs, I am a F.I. guy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still am an F.I. guy, just only on cars at this point.
I just drilled out the vacuum hole in the slide. Quick, easy. A definite complement to the work I just did, it felt good. I am having a hard time comparing before to after though. I didn't get the revelation that I had transformed the bike, just enhanced I guess. 4 of 5 stars.
On a side note, I just drove my usual ride route in my car (06 BMW M3 Comp Pkg) at about the same speed I ride on the Thruxton. Even stock, these bikes handle well! Hell of a lot of fun in my cage too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts