Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I really doubt it.

I had the Mass. Fastlane and it would barely work if it was in my map pocket of my tank bag. I think my big head would get in it's way. I normally would take it out and hold it up.

Make sure you put the bike as a registered vehicle, so that if it does fail, they charge you and don't give you a violation. (at least in MA).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I registered the bike for the account.

I also heard that their cameras only take shots of the front plate, which the bike obviously doesn't have.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who needs a transponder, just wheelie past the camera. No chance in hell of getting the plate in the photo then. Just don't get caught cause then you get two tickets. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can only speak for MA's Fastlane, but it does take pictures of the REAR... as I managed to get one taken of me before I registered the bike.

Now I wished I had scanned the image they sent me. It was kinda funny, it was of me trying to lean out of the way of my tankbag/transponder.

·
Registered
446 Posts
EZ Pass does get the rear plates. One day I was out riding and didnt realize that i didnt have my tank bag. Got a picture in the mail a couple weeks later.

As far as being in the seat, i have no idea, but i havent ever had an issue in the map pouch of the tank bag, i also have a friend who zip-tied his ez-pass to his book bag and used it that way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
same here, I just keep it in the front pocket of the tank bag. seems to work in the jacket pocket too.
+1 on the register your plate, I have had a couple of freebies, ie they only charged the regular toll for looking up my plate vice sending me a 50$ ticket or even a convenience fee. they really want everyone to have a ez / fastlane tag, and seem to be working pretty hard to keep up customer satisfaction (insert paranoid theory here)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They got me paranoid.

They nailed me a couple years ago when I was borrowing my father's EZ Pass. Apparently there was a problem with the payments clearing because his credit card number was reissued by the bank and he forgot to change it with them. Then they realized the vehicle wasn't registered for the corresponding transponder and that he didn't own the vehicle.

The f*cked up thing about it was they fined both of us. Him for not paying his bills and letting me use it and me for using it without permission. Which I figured was ridiculous because how can you fine us for both? Did I have permission or not?

When they finally tallied up the bill it was just shy of $150.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts