Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one can recommend a dealer or other place to buy extended warranty for Triumph. Mine will be expiring next month. My dealer offered warranty from McGraw if I remember correctly saying that it covers all what original triumph warranty was covering. I was not happy with the price it was something about 800-900 for 3 years.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I am not a fan of extended warranties and neither are most consumer advocacy groups. I have found over my many years that if anything major is going to break (in cars or motorcycles) it usually does within the factory warranty period. After that it will run forever with proper care. Warranties will exclude most of the replaceable things that normally wear out, and service items anyway. They may even try to void any claim saying that it was raced or abused. Of course in life there are no 100% guarantees but it is a lot of money for the very slim chance something major is going to break after the factory warranty expires. - Wayne :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, most consumer advocacy groups say extended warranties are a waste of money. And if you haven't run into any issues, most likely the bike is fine.

That said, I previously had a Ducati that lived up to the Italian stereotype. I paid ~$700 for two extra years on the warranty. It easily paid for itself as the bike rang up at least $3500 in warranty claims. The company that underwrote the policy for Ducati even sent out an auditor to verify all the work was needed. It was.

Really glad I'm riding a Triumph now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts