Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice. Got a 53 plate explorer and considering an upgrade. Has anybody gone to a 16 or 17 plate explorer and seen much difference? It talks about a few things including a change in rider position. Wondered how significant change that was as I suffer with numbness after 20 mins riding on the existing explorer. Tried bar risers and slip on covers for grips.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi,

Can you not push the boat out and buy an 18 plate ?? They come with the TFT screen, are lighter and have other modifications ?? I'm looking for one at the moment, but some dealers are taking the p!ss with prices !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was trying to decide. I know there are a bunch of changes but there’s also a massive price difference at the moment.

Do you know if the frame is the same across all 3 versions. I have after market panniers that I would like to take forwards with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That is what I was trying to decide. I know there are a bunch of changes but there’s also a massive price difference at the moment.

Do you know if the frame is the same across all 3 versions. I have after market panniers that I would like to take forwards with me.
You are right.....the prices are ridiculous.....between £11,500 and £13,000+. That's a lot of money for a second hand bike !! o_O. A white XRT with full luggage sold for £11k not so long back, which brings it just into my price bracket, but I wouldn't be paying anything more :(

Sorry, I don't know about the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts