Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the Club Cafe forum and thought some of you might appreciate how lovely our vertical twins can sound. This is an experimental video by yours truly. Only 3 minutes long.

Pipes fitted are the Megaphone type supplied by Specality Spares. No other mods except for AI removal. Camera mounted on the left hand bar between the speedo and clutch lever using duct/gaffer tape and some towelling to protect the camera and bike. Used a Panasonic GS 180 with 3CCD. Remote microphone fitted under the rear guard. Great camera!
Temperature had been around 25 to 35 degrees celsius this week. Should hit 38 ( 100F) this weekend.
The Englishmen should know that .....if they've been watching the Ashes on TV, being played at The Adelaide Oval ( just finished a few hours ago - Australia won.....again) To our Yank friends, the Ashes is a test cricket "competition", going back over 100 years played between England and Australia. Just as i have no idea of American football/Gridiron...! I wont even start on explaining the game of cricket

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great video, even without the sound (will get the full effect when I get home!)

On 2006-12-05 04:26, Healey_100 wrote:
the Ashes is a test cricket "competition", going back over 100 years played between England and Australia.
Come on mate, we know you are kicking our arses...again! You don't need to rub salt into the wound with the speech marks. :razz:
Oh well, not long until you are kicking our arses in the Rugby World Cup too :cry:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what our Yank friends think of this
To decide the winner of The Ashes, each "test" can last up to five days. To decide the winner of this 5 day game of test cricket it is played 5 times at 5 different venues across Australia ( or England) ...and the winning team gets a battered 125 year old, 11 cm ( about 4 and half inches) tall ceramic urn.

urnie

[ This message was edited by: Healey_100 on 2006-12-05 05:40 ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm thinking of moving to Adelaide. Where did you film that and do you get any hassle from the police over speeding or the open pipes?

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Healy-

Great stuff!

At the "move over" section, what kind of car is that, and where can I get one?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Bad A$$, loved it. Maybe next time you can mount the cam to include the speedo and tach in the pic.
Keep um coming :-D
Mike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Healy,
Well done. It was particularly nice that the video could be launched from your message. Good editing, also. Those are just the type of roads that are perfect for our Bonnevilles; soft-tar crack repairs notwithstanding.

As for the cricket...well, I know a bit about it. It seems like it takes an awful long time to play, but the people who like it are really bonkers about it. I love my American football, but old guys like me can't really play it without risking hospitalization. It's really something of a controlled train wreck. I'm afraid I just watch these days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the comments!

I think the old car in front of me was a 1950's Holden ( General Motors). Any Aussies know what it is?
As for the location, mostly used the roads around a small town in the Adelaide Hills, called Houghton, about 30 minutes north east of Adelaide .
The Adelaide Hills are full of great twisty roads, and not that much traffic. Speed limit varies from 60kmh to 110kmh. As for the pipes, Ive ridden past several cops without any probelms....but they have now cracked down on speeding and installed hidden speed camera on the more popular roads used by motorcyclists. Also if i installed the camera on the tank to show the clocks, you wouldnt get the same amount of "lean" into the corners. But I may try it on my next project....!

[ This message was edited by: Healey_100 on 2006-12-06 05:44 ]

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Great footage with a brilliant sound :upthumb:
Thanks!

I think that the car is a Holden FX

[ This message was edited by: JMV2006 on 2006-12-06 06:06 ]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Great video and sound. Felt like I was riding along, except we pass on the left. I also have Speciality Spares Megaphones on my Bonneville. Load and love 'em.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I love those Adelaide hills.

I stay with some friends in Tea Tree Gully every year to visit the Barrossa and Clare and always take the long way round up through the hills. Unfortunately I never have a bike with me, but always wish I did, so your video hits a nerve - though I reckon my Scrambler would be more suited to those questionable road surfaces.
...and the 270 degree soundtrack would be interesting too...

nice job.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Healey;

As you can see by my bio, I’ve been around for a while, I read the forum all most every day but rarely feel the need to post. That was a great video, it felt like I was riding your glorious sounding thruxton right there in the Adelaide hills! Short of sounding greedy, please do more!

Terry :cool:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Bravo! Does my heart good to see a Thruxton going through corners, especially when it's very cold here. Hey, tell Fidel Castro to move over in that Havana limo! Great stuff!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the vid, mate. Those pipes sound great. :-D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.