Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

during last years storms here in Queensland, I wrote of my ride down a mountain whilst lightening shot down, and the subsequent downpour. My Sprint soldiered on magnificently, and handled the deluge in fine form.

Later, whilst inspecting the bike, I noticed that the "Triumph" moniker on the headstock was missing - the only casualty of the downpour I guess. During my last service (December), I asked my dealer to get me another.

It came in yesterday so I dropped in to pick it up this morning... $30 AUD!!!

Blimey...

No wonder most bikes get a write-off ticket if involved in a crash these days! Just replacing the STICKERS on the bike might just tip the balance!!

Cheers,

Neil

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Too right Neil, When I had my bike fixed after a very small off they almost wrote the bike off. I was tossing whether or not I could just put up with it !! :rolleyes:

One repairer was about $400 cheaper. With the more expensive one the bike was gone, with the cheaper one I got to keep it. :)

The RS stickers on the side were over $200 each! :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
I know what you mean Neil I had my first and only walking speed drop last year when turning in a driveway at Kingaroy which I thought was asphalt but was actually very loose jet black gravel.

My friend ozzyfzr here did the repaint and filled my scratches better than new but the big Sprint ST sticker was around $75.00!:eek:

DaveM:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts