Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If your running stock pipes now you'd need to rejet, they are pretty free flowing. They also contain fiberglass packing, it will burn out...be prepared to repack these.

They will bolt up to new bonnie's however you'll need adaptors from bellacorse. These mufflers are straight and do not normally accomidate the "kink'd" exhaust.

They are also pretty loud, prepare the neighbors :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Very similar to mine. I got mine off E-Bay also but they came directly from Speciality Spares. I think they have an E-Bay site. They are loud so don't get them if you want something tamer. On long rides I usually wear ear plugs. They do bolt right up with the adapter pipe. Also if you have a center stand you'll need to make a stop for it. They are loud and I love them. Here's mine.

Here's how mine looked out of the box.

Here's after I drilled out the ends to make them a bit louder and totally free flowing.

Here's my centerstand stop.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would ask the seller what the inlet diameter is. The Bonneville's header pipe and the adapter pipe are 1.5" or 38.1 mm. Just about anything could be made to work, but the ones I got and I believe the first ones you show are a direct bolt on and go. Others may need a longer or shorter support bracket that attaches to the rear footrest bolt.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Anne,

Those look like JC Whitney BMW replacement pipes.

The mounting bracket looks the same as the one on my JCW Dunstall pipes I put on a few months ago, and by the way they are loud.

And also the boxes are identical to the ones my pipes came in.

That is my opinion and not worth a whole hill of beans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts