Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a few slip-ons for my 2002 tt600. right now all i have is the stock one but i am looking to upgrade. i was looking at a two brothers one and was wondering if anyone had one on their bike. also what other cans would u recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
First off a correction: We have bolt-on exhausts on TT600s, Speed Fours, Daytona 600s and maybe 650s. Honestly I'd probably just grab whatever is cheapest. That said, I just posted up a used Triumph CF can in the classifieds section. I have a Scorpian that was on the bike when I got it. I wrecked and the can got bent so I grabbed the Triumph CF can and eventually made the Scorpian into a shorty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh ok. thanks. has anyone used a two brothers exhaust on their tt600? i have seen people mention other ones so just wondering. sorry if this is a dumb question but i just got the bikes a few weeks ago and it is my first one so

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got a Beowulf Shorty for my S4. Even with the shipping from England, it was reasonably priced and I got it in less than a week. Great sound and it actually seems to have improved drivability in the below-4K rev range. It's a stainless can with a black finish and is way lighter than the stock can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Leo Vince and absolutely love it. Very good quality. Great sound and gets a lot of looks. Its a little more pricey than others but its well worth it. You can get it in Aluminum, Titanium, and Carbon Fiber.

I was stuck between the Leo Vince and Two Brothers. My friend has a Kawa zx-10 with two brothers and it sounds amazing. I know its a bigger bike but I've heard Two Brothers on 600s and they sound great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i wish someone on here had one on their bike and could give a little insight. I don't want to buy it and be disappointed with the sound and power (if there is any to gain).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yea i wish someone on here had one on their bike and could give a little insight. I don't want to buy it and be disappointed with the sound and power (if there is any to gain).
I got a nice dead spot at low speeds and nothing too noticable anywhere else. If you want to make a ton of noise, an Akrapovic or D&D is a good choice. You could try looking up the different cans on youtube on more common bikes maybe.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my first few rides with the Beowulf, I thought it had improved low speed ridability. But after having taken it out on longer rides, I think it was just a kind of illusion because the sound of the motor has a lower pitch than before. I was just riding in a higher rev range and not paying attention to the engine speed. In fact, it might be a tad bit more lean than before below 4K. It feels a bit less responsive while riding in really slow, bumper to bumper traffic at low engine speeds. Well, that's not exactly the best riding situation for this kind of bike anyway. Other than that, the sound of the Beowulf really changes the character of the bike. Overall, it's a great addition.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
If you install an aftermarket muffler that has less back pressure than the OEM muffler, you will need to remap with a suitable map and also have the CO level adjusted. As Zephod points out, it will run lean and have worse acceleration and response in the lower rpm's if the air/fuel ratio is not adjusted--no matter how loud or how much better it may sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
er....this might seem like a silly question, but I've also been looking for a slip on exhaust. Can i just go ahead an fit any slip on?? If not, what's the things to look for? Is it just to make sure it's 3 bolts? (er, I think the S4 is 3 bolts...), or is there more to it.

Just saying cause there's a load of Triumph race cans going cheap on ebay at the moment, but they're either for Triples or Daytonas.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
er....this might seem like a silly question, but I've also been looking for a slip on exhaust. Can i just go ahead an fit any slip on?? If not, what's the things to look for? Is it just to make sure it's 3 bolts? (er, I think the S4 is 3 bolts...), or is there more to it.

Just saying cause there's a load of Triumph race cans going cheap on ebay at the moment, but they're either for Triples or Daytonas.
As GNTurbo6 attempted to explain to no avail, the muffler is not a slip-on but is a bolt-on, so no slip-on will work without first sawing off the muffler flange.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think you have a range of cans for different bikes with the same three bolt fixing.
off the top of my head i think its suzuki bandits/kwak zx6/ triumph d650...possibly some more- but check the years...

theres a good list if you search on speedfour.org.

as for cans, i experimented a bit- got given a carbon can co. can- bolt on no remap- slightly different tone but massive weight saving! i took it off mainly because it wasn't black and had a bit of unsightly damage on it...so anal!

then picked up a scorpion open can of auction site for £20- worth a shot. it sounded great but ran like [email protected] obviously without a remap.

i couldn't be bothered remapping as it was stamped not for road use so would have problems come M.OT time.

but to echo zephods sentiment i also have a beowulf stubby black- and like it very much!

the sticker came off pretty fast but i'm not bothered- i prefer it black and unbranded!
i too have found it to be slightly lumpy under 3/4k but not dramatically different to stock.

i tried it with the baffle out but the sound was not massively different- to my ears anyway- so stuck it back in.

to be honest it was mainly looks that i changed for. the standard can is a bit big heavy and unslightly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts