Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1460 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks Vodka, you don't have any ground clearance issues? That does look pretty low, not as bad as the D&D but low. Doesn't the scrambler sit a bit higher than the thruxton as well?
No ground clearance issues. The pipe sits at the same level as the lower frame rail. I do have taller shocks on my Scrambler, but either way you won't be able to lean far enough to scrape the pipe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No ground clearance issues. The pipe sits at the same level as the lower frame rail. I do have taller shocks on my Scrambler, but either way you won't be able to lean far enough to scrape the pipe.
Good to know, thanks for the info. I will keep the Zard pipes on my radar. Still waiting to see if anyone has any experience with that Iron Cobra setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Core Dominator Touring

Today I received my new Dominator Touring mufflers for my 2015 mag wheel Bonneville. My motivation to spend $534 (delivered) for a set of pipes that look much like the originals? The originals are heavy, too low an angle (to my eye) and sound like an air compressor with a bad leak. I attempted to modify the originals by drilling three 1/2" holes in the rear baffle, which helped, but mostly made it "raspy." I was after something shorter with a more upright angle, a bit louder, and more bass. I think the Dominator Touring delivers.

They arrived in about four days in a very well packed box. The mufflers shout quality. Beautiful polished stainless finish with a subtle, tasteful "CORE" imprinted in the metal. These are a straight-thru design with no baffles or replaceable packing. They came with clamps, though I reused the originals. They also came with instructions and a tube of hi-temp RTV for the muffler/header junction. In the case of the mag wheel model, a separate kickstand stopper bracket is included.

Fitment took about half an hour. The muffler mounting bracket didn't line up vertically exactly, but it all tightens up nicely.

The sound is not loud, but not quiet. Once I rolled it out of the confines of the garage the volume and quality of sound was outstanding. Just what I was after. I'll include before and after video clips.
Before:

After:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Scrambler with Arrow exhaust. It’s too quiet with the baffles in and too loud with them out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Scrambler with Arrow exhaust. It’s too quiet with the baffles in and too loud with them out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here's my Scrambler with Arrow exhaust and chopped baffle. Nice compromise I felt.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Bottom of the line after I bafflectomize all the 3 baffles on my 2008 Bonnie, do i really need to mess with the Carbs?
what do I need to do? simple adjustment? rejeting?

Help appreciated I want to know what I am getting in too... and debaffling this bastard until the 3rd layer is going to be a job lot

·
Registered
4 Posts
high pipes

Putting these on my 2014 Bonneville to free up lower frame tube for attaching a sidecar.
reasonable price and stainless steel, Expected on Tuesday. :smile2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can assure you if you Buy TEC Bike Parts exhausts you will not be disappointed you will certainly get some great craftsmanship and Support from George.

They are handmade the measurements are exact and the fit perfect, the material seems to be 304 Stainless Steel (would recommend changing your exhaust studs to stainless steel as well)

and the Sound... The Sound... without the Baffles it's like Belzebu:Devil3 has come to earth, with the baffles they sound great, with modified baffles even better

I got myself some Sprints 2-2 System and couldn't be happier

·
Registered
5 Posts
2017 t100 exhaust on a 2015 t100

Will an exhaust from a 2017 t100 fit a 2015 t100? I know the engines are a little different, but wasnt sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question for you all
I have a 13 efi T100 with peashooter TOR's fitted, I like the look of the thruxton/ SE reverse cone style pipes, Can I fit either thruxton or SE mag wheel mufflers on to my T100 without changing my headers?

·
Registered
481 Posts
My modified TEC 2 into 1 with 50mm perforated tube and repackaged to increase flow.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Staintunes on T100 Black 2011 love the sound however quite restricted with the perforated louvred style and diameter so I change to TEC 2 into 1

·
Registered
65 Posts
c, exhaust pipe mount, a then b. then foot peg shaft and tighten the nut to clamp it all
Thanks tw586, i did one side as per your guide and went out for dinner, back install the left side, i insert A, C and B, on the frame bracket, I notice inside there is a hump/lump, hence if i insert C first, there would be ring gap inside, so i insert A to cover the gap, C and B, guess will redo again tmw.

on Bluing/Yellowing, i hate to see that colour, afterall all others are shiny parts and up there one lump/section of yellow. with our weather here scorching 38-40c in the day and 24-28c night, am too lazy to remove the yellowing(guess bluing is next if we dont remove the yellow) after each ride. i try instead after each ride back, will blow a fan to quickly cool down the pipes. it seems to delay the process to few rides instead of 1 ride. i would assume in colder climate, it takes longer for it to yellow.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hello, I have a ZARD Cross on the way for my custom build Bonneville Scrambler. While mine has the airbox eliminated which changes things I'd still like to know what jetting you did if any?

1441 - 1460 of 1460 Posts