Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1460 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Greetings, I read all threads up to this point and do not remember an answer to this question: better low and mid range, most likely because most where asking about sound or looks. I am down to 2 exhausts: TEC 2-2 Cubman and Dominator Touring. I know the look and sound are different but I like both on their own. I want to know is: which one would provide the most performance for the low and mid range? Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Greetings, I read all threads up to this point and do not remember an answer to this question: better low and mid range, most likely because most where asking about sound or looks. I am down to 2 exhausts: TEC 2-2 Cubman and Dominator Touring. I know the look and sound are different but I like both on their own. I want to know is: which one would provide the most performance for the low and mid range? Thanks

Hopefully someone with a lot of dyno testing experience will chime in, but the fact that the TEC clubman dosn't have a balance pipe would suggest it would loose a bit of midrange.

If you want low and midrange...
I have a TEC tracker 2-1, opened up Airbox and remap on my Bonneville and it's a real tractor. Running a front tooth higher gearing it will out accelerate my Thruxton with pods and Preator pros up to 6000 rpm when the Thruxton wakes up and will walk away. Of course the sound isn't classic but it does grow on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nevermind! just found out they are compatible, with a little work.
Don't get them!

They will make your ears bleed, your wife will divorce you, your neighbors will burn your house down, and you will run cars off the road with the db sound-wave alone.

I have a set, and they are terrible. I am actually going through the process of modifying them with a 7" baffle and some FMF dirtbike muffler packing. I will post my results.

But as they sit... they are horrible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TEC 'SPRINT' 2-2 SHORT stainless full exhaust on Triumph Scrambler 2007 Carb

Hi all,
I installed a TEC 'SPRINT' 2-2 SHORT stainless full exhaust system on my 2007 scrambler (carb model).
https://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/2-2-sprint-exhaust
This required some modification or in other words I had to dent my brand new right hand exhaust pipe to make enough space for the rear brake cylinder. It can be done with one crying eye.
Side stand doesn't come fully up so I plan to change this to the Bonneville one.

The baffles are really easy to take out and to put back in. Sounds great without the baffles but is far to loud to ride without earplugs even in town. I think that even with the baffles that the sound is much better than stock.

I feel very mixed about the quality of these cans. Yes, they were with £300 cheaper than what Arrows normally would cost. However I have seen the high Arrow scrambler exhaust on eBay for only £65 more in new.So if you add the cost for the extra frame bolts that you need to mount the 2-2s than you are quickly at the same cost.
My issues are:
  • welds look crap
  • they seem to be loosing feathers - loosing some of the glass fibre insulation
  • misplaced rivet made their quality control
See pictures. I have added a picture of a weld on my Brompton push bike as a comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
My '14 Scrambler came with D&D slip on's installed and the stock mufflers.

It has the Arrow tune and A.I. removal kit. I still get some heavy burbling on decel sometimes. Not quite a POP or backfire, but a hard, heavy rumble. They are borderline too loud, too. I've used the search and read a lot of threads about repacking them and might give that a shot. Most of those threads are older and the links in them are dead.
Silent Sport packing seems to be a favorite but I'd have to order it from overseas. Moose Racing stranded is also mentioned quite a lot. My question is, how much do I need to re-pack two D&D mufflers? It's sold in 250g, 500g, 750g, etc., packages.

Also, I was looking at a set of TORS because I really like the stock look. They're cheap, but in Canada (I'm in the US) and shipping might double the price. Then I saw some videos about de-bafflilng the stok exhaust. Hey!...I have it already, so why not?
Question #2: How does a debaffled stock exhaust vs. TORS vs. D&D compare?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I’ve finally settled on the Dominator Sport for my 2012 Bonneville but trying to figure out where to buy them from. Does anyone ever have a good deal on these? Seems like I can’t find them many places.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just fitted TEC 2:2 Sprints, 2012 Thruxton, airbox baffle removed, O2 sesnsors, AI removed/disabled, DNA filter, Breathe bellmouth, TTP tune #4. Satisfied so far. Experimenting with cutting baffle as she is very loud. Finally sounds like a Triumph twin. Arrow 2:1 just didn’t have the sound I wanted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am stuck on the tec 2-2 or 2-1. I prefer the 2-2 sprint, but dislike the large bend on the left side for the center stand. How does your look with awkward bend?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don’t have photo at moment. I had Arrow 2:1 (will sell), and the sound is the important thing for me. With TEC 2:2 Sprint, it finally sounds like a twin should. On my bike, the 2:1 made it sound like a single. As far as the bend, the Arrow 2:2 also has a bend, maybe not as pronounced, but it does.
Just take all photos on right side and enjoy the satisfying sound. Performance also benefited, I believe, with air box baffle now removed and TTP tune 4 loaded.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I had a look on utube & a quick look here but too much to read through. Does anyone have a link for the Thruxton R with standard pipes & the Free Spirit X Pipe installed.
Just wanting to know what the difference in sound is like with the de-cat install & leaving pipes standard, thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I currently have the D&D TT system on my '13 Thruxton. I love the look and the sound but struggle with the ground clearance. I hate the feeling of throwing the bike into a corner with the anxiety that if I hit a bump or dip in the road the pipes may drag. I am looking into another short, aggressive system and the Iron Cobra 2into1 system looks like it might fit the part. Does anyone have any experience with this system?

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
I currently have the D&D TT system on my '13 Thruxton. I love the look and the sound but struggle with the ground clearance. I hate the feeling of throwing the bike into a corner with the anxiety that if I hit a bump or dip in the road the pipes may drag. I am looking into another short, aggressive system and the Iron Cobra 2into1 system looks like it might fit the part. Does anyone have any experience with this system?
Why not try one of the Zard low pipes? Has the ground clearance and look you seem to want. I have a Zard Cross 2:1 on my Scrambler.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Vodka, you don't have any ground clearance issues? That does look pretty low, not as bad as the D&D but low. Doesn't the scrambler sit a bit higher than the thruxton as well?

1421 - 1440 of 1460 Posts