Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for input on upgrading the exhaust on my 06' S4. I am looking at the 2 Bros. C2 flange on canister. I hope to get a tougher sound out of the bike without getting to loud. I don't expect a lot of performance gain. I am also hoping it won't be to hard to keep the bike running smoot. There are only a few maps for the bike and I don't want to spend a lot of money on a piggie back computer system. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jay[email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
On 2006-11-21 16:27, PDXSpeed4 wrote:
I am looking for input on upgrading the exhaust on my 06' S4. I am looking at the 2 Bros. C2 flange on canister. I hope to get a tougher sound out of the bike without getting to loud. I don't expect a lot of performance gain. I am also hoping it won't be to hard to keep the bike running smoot. There are only a few maps for the bike and I don't want to spend a lot of money on a piggie back computer system. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jay[email protected]

Did the Titanium M2 on mine - along with the K&N (NO POWER COMMANDER), went from 89.22hp to 96.98hp @ the wheel. Torque hovers right around 44 ft/lbs and change. I'm gonna see if i can dig up my copy of the dyno chart, as i recall there was none of the flat spot at 4-5000 rpm (Runs like a champ from 30 deg F all the way up to 98 deg F) and the sound is GREAT. Lots of low end rumble with just a bit of high end whine. It's a bit louder than stock, but certainly not as loud as the D&D's and Yoshi's out there. If you want a little bit more volume and alot better look drill out the rivets for the front end cap and cut a couple inches off the pipe. If the weather stays warm I'll shoot a couple of pics to show you what the pipe looks like when it's 3 inches shorter.

-Nick

[EDIT] In short - worth every penny

[ This message was edited by: SpiritZeroThree on 2006-11-21 20:22 ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really, so the pipe for 98-02 ZX-6R/05-07 ZZR600 matches the flange on the S4. That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i might be parting out my bike's aftermarket goodies, but i dont want to thread jack. the exhaust is an akrapovic. as far as i know, im the only one with that brand. i like exclusivity. its not in perfect shape (8,000 miles) but ill have my own thread with lots of pics up if i end up selling it. so keep an eye out i guess.

·
Super Moderator
8,766 Posts
Any bolt on can for a Bandit 1200 works, too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts