Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1521 - 1536 of 1536 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have a 19 RS, and looking into getting the Austin Racing 3-to-1 kit. How would a low boy affect rear wheel tire changes? I want to avoid removing the exhaust every time..
I have a low boy system on my S3 and u will need to remove the exhaust to take off the rear wheel.

It only 1 bolt so not much work

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
This thread is huge so my apologies if im asking questions already covered. But - considering replacing the stock exhaust system (or just slipons) for my 2005 speed triple. Do you guys recommend replacing everything or just the slipons? What I'm looking for is a slighty slimmer look than the huge original ones have, a bit more "ruff" on the sound (nothing too loud though, don't want to piss off my neighbors..) and obviously wont mind a power increase. Power is not the main goal here though.

Whatever your opinion is, please explain a little why so. I prefer the high-mounted double pipes :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an RS and really want those pesky baffles removed. Happened to be clicking around on YouTube the other night and came across the below video. Now that I know it can be done, I think I'm going to toy with trying to grind down the welds without drilling out the CF exhaust caps. I'm thinking I can slide a thin piece of hide or leather in there and protect the CF while attacking it with a dremel or something similar.

*Note: this is not me, I can't answer any questions regarding this video since I did not make & do not own any rights to the below video*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBv-xmjWpPA
So haven't been on here in a while; wanted to follow up on my post and report back to say after like an hour with the dremel, I threw in the towel on this. the safest way to go about this is to drill out the caps and hit the tips with an angle grinder and I wasn't willing to to do that primarily because I didn't want to source black pop rivets and risk damaging the OEM exhaust while drilling everything out. God forbid I start drilling only to find they glued the caps on for the 2019's and I wind up damaging the pipes trying to get in there.

Sat on things for a while then order the SC project SC-1R exhaust. Quick and easy install (unlike shipping since it needed to come from overseas & they were back ordered), came with two baffles, one big, one small; I opted for neither. It's loud but no louder than my other bike.

As for gains or losses in power...your guess is as good as mine. My butt dyno registered no real change in anything; if I rode an OEM bike back to back with mine I might notice something but I don't think there will be a day. Good deep tone at idle, that triple rasp as it gets higher in the the revs; all the pops on blips & shifts... big fan just wish it shot fireballs, it may but I doubt it really with that cat in there.

On to the photos - The SC-Project logo comes in the form of what I'm guessing are high temp stickers; I choose not to throw them on.

After about 400 miles

*Bike hasn't been washed since I bought it 2600 miles go so don't mind the grime

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know if I can use slip-ons designed for a 2016 Speed on a 2018/2019 Speed?

Found a couple designs I like but they list as only going up to 2016 model year.

·
Registered
723 Posts
So haven't been on here in a while; wanted to follow up on my post and report back to say after like an hour with the dremel, I threw in the towel on this. the safest way to go about this is to drill out the caps and hit the tips with an angle grinder and I wasn't willing to to do that primarily because I didn't want to source black pop rivets and risk damaging the OEM exhaust while drilling everything out. God forbid I start drilling only to find they glued the caps on for the 2019's and I wind up damaging the pipes trying to get in there.

Sat on things for a while then order the SC project SC-1R exhaust. Quick and easy install (unlike shipping since it needed to come from overseas & they were back ordered), came with two baffles, one big, one small; I opted for neither. It's loud but no louder than my other bike.

As for gains or losses in power...your guess is as good as mine. My butt dyno registered no real change in anything; if I rode an OEM bike back to back with mine I might notice something but I don't think there will be a day. Good deep tone at idle, that triple rasp as it gets higher in the the revs; all the pops on blips & shifts... big fan just wish it shot fireballs, it may but I doubt it really with that cat in there.

On to the photos - The SC-Project logo comes in the form of what I'm guessing are high temp stickers; I choose not to throw them on.

After about 400 miles

*Bike hasn't been washed since I bought it 2600 miles go so don't mind the grime
That setup looks great, but based on what I have seen on these bikes, and my Tuono, you most likely lost some low end and mid range power with that short exhaust...

·
Registered
4 Posts
2011 speedy slipon options

Swapped over the stock exhaust on my 2011 Speedy, huge weight savings and yet stuck on an unbranded stubby straight through can. Which is very loud, and either very rich/lean as it pops with great gusto on decel. Also, it will not be a comfy fit for the stock map, not by any measure. And so I am looking to get another slip-on.

Currently looking at these in my price range>
  • SX-R600 2011 - 2019 M4 GP2011-2016 GRmoto Muffler Carbon
  • MIVV GP exhaust slip-on black inox low
  • Exhaust Storm by Mivv Muffler Gp Steel (cheapest!)
  • Mivv Exhaust Muffler Suono Steel Low
  • EXHAUST GHISA BY GPR
  • Instantly keen on this one>>>GPR homologated exhaust with tee. 76.2011/15 ROPE TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE 1050 SENSATION BLACK - Black Fury series - Cod: t. 76. cable (middle of the price range and perhaps best looking)

The GRmoto looks lovely, but very little idea on the quality.

The Furore looks wicked, yet does it fit fine? mention of cable and rope in the advert specifications are odd? Do like the idea of an english bike with a bit of italian chucked on, kinda like the rider!
The Mivv Storm is the cheapest and would be fine.

Also thinking which will have a tune map established and available which makes it a comfy fit for the ECU??

·
Registered
14 Posts
That setup looks great, but based on what I have seen on these bikes, and my Tuono, you most likely lost some low end and mid range power with that short exhaust...
Verry possible; if I did, my butt dyno couldn't feel it. Realistically, I'll likely never dyno my bike since they're so few spots round me that offer it. It doesn't feel down and certainly sounds the part. The weight savings and lower weight distribution is a plus.

For me, the speed feels like a tq'y lil meatball whereas my R1 feels like a rocket ship, and nothing I do to my triumph will bridge that gap. I just wanna remove the cat so I can shoot fireballs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi ginga….I made the mistake of running my 06 without o2 sensor, it ran ok for a few weeks then started to run rough and cooked fuel pump and caused major expensive . electrical problems.
PS I got a Bonneville replica muffler from my local motorcyc supermarket and welded an extra baffle in it looks hot and sounds amazing. I cant promise entirely legal but old cans are still handy in a box in the shed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a set of high sp engineering exhaust pipes on my 2012 sound great , bit loud but too quiet with baffles in!
so have drilled a few extra holes in them well happy . would recommend great looking and weight saving .

1521 - 1536 of 1536 Posts