Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1501 - 1520 of 1536 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
'17 Speed Triple S exhaust options

I am looking for exhaust options for my '17 Speed Triple. I have looked pretty hard in all sorts of places. Any advice on new models that fit the current version? Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Loads of options out there for a 17 speedy all depends if u want low boy ir high mount SC Project do a good selection. There are loads others like arrow co o werks and most big exhaust manufactures

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this topic has been beat to death but I can't seem to decide which ones to get. I'm torn between the Akrapovic high mounts and the SC Project S1. I think they both look good in their own ways.

Akra:
Pros: Keeps the high mount looks, well known quality product throughout the lineup, seem to sound pretty good on youtube videos, availability of purchase, has numbers to paper for differences for specs v stock.

Cons: expensive compared to other slip-ons (sans arrow), keeps higher CoG even though according to the akra website are significantly lighter than stock.

SC Proj
Pros: light weight, lowers CoG, significantly cheaper, doesn't cover the single sided swingarm like most low mounts, every review reports high quality, with integrated lights/tail tidy tail section is going to be really clean looking.

Cons: unknown specs, neighbors might want my head on a pike, unknown need for tuning,possible long delivery times

Appreciate all opnions

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's such a personal choice. Personally of those I would chose the Akra because I don't like the look of the SC S1.

I wouldn't be making a decision based on the power numbers though, the differences between systems are so minor.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Anyone know how to remove the dB killers on these. 2017 S3, exhaust through Triumph.
30 minutes with a dremel and pack of cutting wheels, then clean up with a file and wire wheel on the Dremel. Assuming of course that you got the ca model that has the dB killers welded in. The new RS comes with them welded, you have to cut them out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
30 minutes with a dremel and pack of cutting wheels, then clean up with a file and wire wheel on the Dremel. Assuming of course that you got the ca model that has the dB killers welded in. The new RS comes with them welded, you have to cut them out.
Fact... been there, done that... run it a few hundred miles and you wouldn't even know it was modified.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fact... been there, done that... run it a few hundred miles and you wouldn't even know it was modified.
bostonmfc, can you clarify your comment? What happens after you run the bike a few hundred miles after baffle removal? Sound level goes back to stock? That can't be right? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It doesn’t return to stock. What i mean is the soot inside the exhaust covers the dremel marks from cutting it out and it looks factory. Sounds much better and costs nothing. I am not a fan of the new arrows but this helps for sure. Hopefully SC can come out with a dual mini can like they did for the panigale and mv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It doesn’t return to stock. What i mean is the soot inside the exhaust covers the dremel marks from cutting it out and it looks factory. Sounds much better and costs nothing. I am not a fan of the new arrows but this helps for sure. Hopefully SC can come out with a dual mini can like they did for the panigale and mv.
Got it! Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have a 19 RS, and looking into getting the Austin Racing 3-to-1 kit. How would a low boy affect rear wheel tire changes? I want to avoid removing the exhaust every time..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just installed the arrow dual slip ons. It seems I am having difficulty tightening the exhaust clamp enough as I get an exhaust leak. The gasket has been installed. I dont want to over tighten and damage something. Ideas/experiences in this area?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an RS and really want those pesky baffles removed. Happened to be clicking around on YouTube the other night and came across the below video. Now that I know it can be done, I think I'm going to toy with trying to grind down the welds without drilling out the CF exhaust caps. I'm thinking I can slide a thin piece of hide or leather in there and protect the CF while attacking it with a dremel or something similar.

*Note: this is not me, I can't answer any questions regarding this video since I did not make & do not own any rights to the below video*

·
Registered
417 Posts
I said that is the way to go a while back in another thread. A little more work, but better results and completely reversible.
Do it!!!

1501 - 1520 of 1536 Posts