Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1536 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you want exhaust but don't know where to start? This may answer some questions.
FYI - All prices are in USD, you may be able to find the exhaust you want cheaper than the links below. EBAY is always a good place to look.

TORS (Triumph Off-Road Silencers)

Available from: You local Triumph dealer. Part# A960828
Cost: $500
Weight savings: 0.3kg
Performance gain: 5hp
Tune needed: TORS tune from dealer or Tuneboy tunes 20102, 20103, 20112, 20128, 20174, 20170 or 20088 depending on bike year, VIN# and other mods.
Sound/vid clip: Download

Arrow 3 into 1

Available from: Triumph Part# A9600195
Cost: $1300
Weight savings: 8kg
Performance gain: 3hp?
Tune needed: Arrow tune from dealer or Tuneboy tunes 20133, 20134, 20131, 20132, 20181, or 20182 depending on VIN# and other mods
Sound/vid clip: HERE

Arrow Dual Hi-Mount CF/Ti

Available from: Red Racing
Cost: $800-900 with arrow mid-pipe
Weight savings: ~5kg
Performance gain: ~4hp
Tune needed: Unk

Chain Reaction Moto (Old Squids) - Half system replacing mid pipe, with full system in the works.

Available from: Chain Reaction
Cost: $850 for half system, ($40 for optional baffels)
Weight savings: 10.5lbs
Performance gain:
Tune needed: TORs tune from dealer or Tuneboy (Custom tune coming soon)
Sound/vid clip:

Leo Vince

Available from: Leo Vince USA
Cost: $598-782 depending on material
Weight savings: Unk
Performance gain: Unk
Sound/vid clip: Video
Write up: HERE

MIVV

Available from: Carpimoto (Other styles available at Carpimoto. PJ's Parts)
Cost: $383 from PJ's
Weight savings: 4.1 kg
Performance gain: 7hp and 6 ft-lbs per Carpimoto's dyno chart
Sound/vid clip: CLIP
Write up: HERE

Trident/Wolf

Available from: New Speed 3
Cost: Slip-ons:$750 CF, $645 SS
Weight savings:
Performance gain: Claimed 7 hp with slip-ons, 12 hp with half system (130hp if DVS's tuning plan is followed!) :eek:
Tune needed: TORs will work. Tuneboy users can use THIS after removing pre-cat and SAI!
Sound/vid clip: HERE - Thanks to S3rider for the link.

Eagle
Single:

Dual:

Available from: HERE
Cost: ~$400 single, $675 dual
Weight savings: 7kg claimed
Performance gain: 7hp claimed
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

Barracuda
Available from: SMF Cycles
Cost: $340-740 depending on single or dual, and material
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

Renegade
Available from:
Cost:
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:

Blue Flame

Available from: Blue Flame
Cost: $585-1005 depending on material
Weight savings: 7.2lbs
Performance gain: 6-7hp?
Tune needed: TORs is very close
APTech's Blue flame Evo Ti

Micron

Available from: Pipe City
Cost: $709-910 depending on color and composition
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

Jardine

Cost: $399 (aluminum) $650 (CF)
Weight savings: 7.5 lbs
Performance gain: 5 hp claimed
Tune needed: TORs
Sound/vid clip:

Two-Brothers

Available from: Pipe City
Cost: $371 (Al) $465 (CF or Ti)
Weight savings: ~7kg
Performance gain: 7+hp with correct tune
Tune needed: TORs works well enough but Kartstar recommends THIS after removing pre-cat and SAI to really uncork it!
Sound/vid clip: Coming soon.

Staintune

Cost: $849
Weight savings: Unk
Performance gain: 9hp claimed
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

Shark
Single:

Dual:

Available from: http://www.delvabikes.be/
Cost: $540 for SS, $919 for Dual CF
Weight savings: Several lbs
Performance gain:
Tune needed: Tuneboy 20088tune_dyno39 has been found to work very well.
Sound/vid clip: Here and Another(Thanks Briank)

Zard
Full system:

Slip-on:

Available from: Zard America
Cost: Starting at $500 for can, $900 for full system.
Weight savings: ~7lbs
Performance gain:
Tune needed: TORs will work, or this tuneboy tune: HERE (unzip to use)

Bos

Available from: BOS Exhaust Systems
Cost: $650 (aluminum) $840 (carbon)
Weight savings:2.8kg
Performance gain: ~4hp
Tune needed:
No Clip found

GPR

Available from: GPR
Cost:
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip: (Downloads) #1 #2 #3

Devil

Available from: Devil Bike.com
Cost: $799-899 depending on style and material
Weight savings:
Performance gain: ~3-5hp claimed
Tune needed: None, but tuning is recommended
Sound/vid clip: Here

Remus Power Cone

Available from: British Customs
Cost: $559
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

GIANNELLI

Available from: Predator Exhaust
Cost: $TBD
Weight savings: "significant"
Performance gain: 3.6hp claimed
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

G&G

Available from: G&G
Cost: Inquire at [email protected]
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

D&D
Available from: Coming soon!
Cost:
Weight savings:
Performance gain:
Tune needed:
Sound/vid clip:

No longer available or no information found:
Akrapovic, SIL Motor, ART, Progun,

Still working on filling every thing in. If I missed something, screw up, or you have something I am missing post up!

Thanks!

Lots of exhaust pics here!

[ This message was edited by: dfib on 2007-07-04 19:41 ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Leo Vince:

(Based on proper testing techniques)

HP gain: 10.42 @ 7200rpm
Torque gain: 7.56lb/ft @ 7200rpm
Weight savings: 8.5lb
Tune: Custom Dynojet map. As with any bike, your own map is always best (provided it's done by a good tuner).

Leo Vince / Tuning review HERE

Project Bike article with Leo Vince info (and other) HERE

Video Clip HERE

·
Registered
4 Posts
This a Remus Power Cone , you need to use the aftermarket can map to get it to run correctly

[ This message was edited by: L00pyl00 on 2007-07-05 12:53 ]

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice Thread, Dfib. Notice you used a shot of my bike for the Micron example. :)

Weight savings should be minimum 5-6kg and the dealer added the tune from Micron during installation.

For those interested, here's a better close up of the Micron Carbon Fiber dual pipes (before I did my tail tidy).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zard slip on - 06 model bike

You need to make sure you get the correct pipe as 06 and 07 models are different. Even though I got the bike in October 07 it's still an 06 bike, so always check. It caught me out. The 06 model has a thread to insert the lambda sensor. This is a UK road legal pipe but you can remove the baffle to generate a bit more noise if you like (luvely jubely :)) Trumpet dealers can install a tune for it which makes the bike rub smoother and gets rid of popping on de-acceleration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie Question

Hi all been searching for a speed triple site and now i found one that looks the business.....Got a question about after market exhausts i`ve got a 2006 S3 with the TORS system fitted from new but i really like the look with the single can gp style as per the Arrow etc i will be able to fabricate a can myself and a link pipe but i need to know what the concensus is on the O2 sensor that is plumbed into the pipework after the joint where the pipes become double do i just disconnect it or will i need to fabricate a fitting for the sensor any help would be great. Ive also fitted a K n N airfilter for a bit more breath are there any other mods for a bit more power without spending a fortune Thanks all :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
You either need to fab in a fitting or use one of the sensor eliminators that fools the ECU into thinking you have one hooked up. Otherwise you are going to throw a CEL code. It is a standard bung that you can pick up at any exhaust shop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
.....will i need to fabricate a fitting for the sensor.....
Depending on the thread size of the O2 sensors on the 2006 models you could purchase a weld-in bung from a place like Summit Racing and add it yourself. It would then be similar to the one on the Arrow 3-to-1 system. If you remove the O2 sensor then you will need a MIL Elminator.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Does no one have any info on the newest Arrow dual high-mount slip-ons as per the Triumph catalogue?
Last I heard was from Jack Lilley people, that Hinckley factory was getting 1st shipment of mufflers at 21-Dec-2007 and that EU dealers will be getting them sometime early 2008.

Pipes will fit all 1050, from 2005 ->

I also noticed on one of the Paris show pics that there was a circlip on the end of the can, which would imply that they have removable noise killer baffles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Arrow dual high-mount slip-ons

I have ordered a set not to long ago and they suppose to be delivered in mid February.

I wonder if they could be used with the original Arrow '07 midpipe from their dual high-mount exhaust, does anyone have any info on that?

Regards!
D.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just had an arrow low mount/single 3-into-1 installed on my Speedy last weekend. It is definately a bit louder than the stock at lower RPM's, and really wakes up at about 5-6k and is much louder. But I just love the sound it now produces! I don't think it's as loud as some of the other straight-thru's I've heard, so I'd call it a good in-between. I thought I saw a clip somewhere of someone comparing a MIVV or M3 to the Arrow... Search on the forum and I'm sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Arrow 3 into 1 on my S3 and to be honest it's not that loud at all (all personal opinion of course). It's definitely a bit more 'throaty' than the stock units but to give you an idea in the UK we have a yearly 'roadworthy' check called the MOT. As part of that the mechanic performing it is able to pass or fail a bike based on his perception of the sound and whether that is road legal or not. The dealers where I got my S3 have passed MOT's on bikes with this pipe so that leads me to believe that (from the UK's perspective) that this is not a loud pipe at all.

It has a presence, that is the best way to describe it :)

Neil

·
Registered
446 Posts
Same here in the US (at least New Jersey). Every two years it has to be inspected, and they [CAN fail your having too loud a bike (normally aimed at the Harleys with straight pipes), but they normally over look this. I'm looking for something that won't annoy the neighborhood every time i start it in the morning getting ready for work. For comparison, can anyone compare it to the TORS system, the bike i test road last week had the TORS on it, and that isn't what i would consider loud (though it did smell a little rich).

·
Registered
23 Posts
So i got the Mivv can on... and im pissed....

Pissed i didnt get one sooner! This thing has exploded my expectations. It Roars a loud deep growl with the DB killer removed, and the bike runs better than ever. I had not had the chance to really explore power gains, since i have had the can on for one day and it was 20 degrees out :eek: , but i did romp on the throttle a few times, and i am now having even more trouble keeping 2 wheels on the ground. (shhh: dont tell anyone, but i even got to have a little race between my triple and a police cruiser). I had my dealer tune the bike, so i dont know what tune they ended up loading, but it works freaking great. And all of this for 380 bucks!! (pjsparts)

1 - 20 of 1536 Posts