Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in this forum has heard of the "predator" exhaust?
if you raised your hand then youll know that this is serious sound and HP for your triumph ride. Its constructed of 14gauge stainless with a mechanical baffle, very deep very throaty- (not raspy) will add around 5/7 HP to the wheel alone with a sound thats unmatched. Call me and ill tell you how Triumph's Thruxton race team used this pipe last year in the Thruxton cup series, hell good enough for Triumph them selves it should be good enough for your ride right? Call me

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome widowmaker.
I can't say I'm familiar with them, but they do sound interesting - even if I am mechanically baffled.

Also interesting is your handle - don't get me wrong, but is this the wisest epithet for one selling motorcycle spares?
Or is it that you secretly ride a KH750? :-D

[ This message was edited by: keef on 2006-02-18 15:53 ]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its constructed of 14gauge stainless with a mechanical baffle
me·chan·i·cal (m-kn-kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to machines or tools: mechanical skill.
2. Operated or produced by a mechanism or machine: a mechanical toy dog.
3. Of, relating to, or governed by mechanics.
4. Performed or performing in an impersonal or machinelike manner; automatic: a droning, mechanical delivery of the speech.
5. Relating to, produced by, or dominated by physical forces: the mechanical aspect of trumpet playing.
6. Philosophy Interpreting and explaining the phenomena of the universe by referring to causally determined material forces; mechanistic.
7. Of or relating to manual labor, its tools, and its skills

*** do you mean, "mechanical baffle"? :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*** do you mean, "mechanical baffle"?

The predator pipe does not have a traditional perferated core wrapped in packing. Rather we use a louver core (mechannical Baffel) to achieve proper back pressure. The deep exhaust comes from a mix of the material 14guage stainless and the louver core.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If I had it to do all over again...... I'da gone "Predator"!

And it's because of it's mechanical baffle and structural integrity, that I would have one.

I was sporting D&D's, and when they burn their packing..... the bike's air/fuel ratio (tune) changes. So you go in, bang, beat, and otherwise cuss trying to take 'em apart...... repack them and put 'em back together agin..... only for the packing to burn out again.... sooner THIS time.

Predators.... tune yer air/fuel ratio, DONE! Unlike the D&D's, 5,000 miles later and you don't have to worry about losing some of your low-end, then yer mid-range, only for your D&D's to turn into open "straight through" drag pipes.

That having been said, what say a substantial discount on a set of Pred's in exchange for my sales pitch (and my D&D's)?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have Preds on my Thrux and they are the best sounding pipes available for a Triumph twin. I say this without having actually heard any other pipe on a Triumph twin. Nevertheless, I can't imagine an exhaust sound better than these...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The looks and sound of the Mototwin SS mufflers have made me pretty happy. Can't say anything about any other mufflers except the D&D's. I replaced them after 2 days with the Mototwins. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I love mine. They are very solid units. Obviously the differences among well tuned systems are slight but my bias is that the Predators are the best you can buy. It seems that the stainless steel construction with a mechanical baffle will hold up for a ling time.

They are very loud but not obnoxious (I don't think anyway :-D )

There are many threads on Predators if you do a search.

Here is the thread with some pics of mine posted. I think a GIF of my dyno chart is on there somewhere as well.

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=34099&forum=21

Highest recommendation.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the D&Ds and like them quite a bit. They are loud and nasty and don't have that quacking sound that some do. I think the only pipes I might go for aside from the D&Ds would be the Predators--but I do like the chrome finish of the D&Ds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To all that have responded to my thread, Thank You.. If you check our site we have a special going on the "performance package" this includes our "predator pipe, airbox removal kit and the AI removal kit. This combo will add around 15/17 HP to the rear wheel alone... call or email me for details..

ride hard..but safe.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also run a pair of the Predators on my T100, I have been around the block a few times and i can tell you that quality is what makes a difference, and i have not seen any pipe that can beet the quality on this set. I went out to a meet last week we had a Bonnie with factory, one with D&D's one with Modified stockers and one thrux and one Bonnie with the predators, and nothing compares to the Predators in sound shine and as a conversation starter.
I love the pipes and have never Delta with a better Company than the guys over at British Customs, and i didn't even buy my pipes direct. i had my dealer order them and i picked them up from them. It took me all of about 10 min to have the old pipes off and the new ones on, the jetting took a little longer but within the hour i was making a hell of alto more noise running down the street with a hell of a grin on my face.

Try the pipes you will not be sorry....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yet another vote for the Predators. The sound is amazing and the construction quality is great. On the Thruxton, they tuck in tighter than the stock units and give you a little bit more cornering clearance. They're also much lighter than stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts