Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice this? My right muffler gets hotter than the left and the exhaust temperature itself is warmer. Right header pipe also has blued more too. Could the carbs need synchronizing?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Have you ever noticed that if you hang your jacket on the end of the handle bars it only touches the front exhaust pipes if they are real hot, hot enough to melt the jacket liner on to the pipe. if the pipes are cold jacket wont touch them :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Loxpump. I would probably pull the spark plugs and check the colour. If the right plug is much lighter than the left one, it makes sense that it is running hotter. Hot normally means it is running lean, but it is also possible that the right one is normal and the left one is running rich. Regardless, I would be checking the carbs to confirm that they are both clean and running OK. Then doing the carb sync.

cheers

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the plugs not long ago to put in a set of iridiums and they looked the same. Guess I need to a set of vaccum gauges. Also I think when the pipes are hot that they become magnetized to any jacket material and bare skin!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts