Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Another newbie question:

I have the stock headers with TORs on my Scrambler and the header pipes/heat shields do sort of interfere with my right leg when riding while standing on the pegs. I have ridden another Scrambler with the Arrow exhaust, and it's noticably better but still annoying.

Of the different full exhausts that are available for the Scrambler, I am wondering whick one or ones have the most clearance for your leg when standing on the pegs? I'm not interested in "low" pipes, I'm referring to the available options in high pipes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Good question.I ride standing on the pegs a lot,too_Or at least I would,if it were possible.But the splayed-leg stance you have to take due to the pipes makes it as awkward as a gay senator in a public restroom. I'm seriously considering low pipes.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There was a mod posted a little while ago, can't remember who but I think it came over from ADVrider (I think I've got that correct). Rt foot controls are all attached to the hanger which is attached to the frame by two allen head bolts, Get longer bolts and put spacers between hanger and frame, I've been meaning to do it for months and now that I've modified my headers to take NH Street Scrambler mufflers it's a little more urgent. Don't know about you guys but I'm not too sure about some of the A/M exhaust's heat shielding capabilities so I'm trying to keep the stock set-up.
Thanks to ComandoRdstr for explaining how US politicians look for votes, we are in the middle of another election so I'll watch out for it up here just in case.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a mod posted a little while ago, can't remember who but I think it came over from ADVrider (I think I've got that correct). Rt foot controls are all attached to the hanger which is attached to the frame by two allen head bolts, Get longer bolts and put spacers between hanger and frame, I've been meaning to do it for months and now that I've modified my headers to take NH Street Scrambler mufflers it's a little more urgent. Don't know about you guys but I'm not too sure about some of the A/M exhaust's heat shielding capabilities so I'm trying to keep the stock set-up.
Thanks to ComandoRdstr for explaining how US politicians look for votes, we are in the middle of another election so I'll watch out for it up here just in case.
That's a good idea. I'll search for that. And keep my feet to myself:)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Blacktiger is the guy from ADV (he also posts here) that did the right footpeg spacer mod. I'm actually getting ready to do it to my Scrambler this season. You need two M10 x 1.25 pitch x 60mm Grade 12.9 socket cap bolts, and 25mm alloy spacers. I'm making my spacers out of T-6061 5/8" O.D. x 0.495" I.D. x 0.065" wall tubing...was hoping for a bit thicker wall stuff but was having difficulty finding it.

Pic of Blacktiger's bike attached...

Jason

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts