Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if they plan on making these in dual cans for the s3?...anyone else want them?...my brother in law has them on his zx10 and they are awesome!...the new carbon hex is the shite!

</a>">

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I contacted them back in 2005 about a 1/2 and/or full system. At that time, they had no plans on building a system for the 1050 Speed Triple.

But you might contact them again, and ask.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Leo Vince plans on making dual cans for the '07 but probably still a few months out. They are busy constructing for the racing season.

Remember the '07 is different than the '05-'06 for exhaust unless you plan on a full system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
june 2006 they replied:

Dear costumer,

unfortunately we do not have plans for developing exhaust systems for
this model.

Please follow news on our web site for more information.

Best regards

Akrapovic R&D team

·
Registered
70 Posts
Depending on the inlet diameter, it might be possible to mount two cans (possibly from the ZX10 so that you get a left and a right combination) onto the existing link pipe or onto an aftermarket intermediary link pipe like Oldsquid's or Trident's.

Could be worth a bit of research

[ This message was edited by: andylav on 2007-02-15 09:17 ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
I contacted Dale Walker at Holeshot to see if he had plans to make an exhaust for the Speed. He said no, becuase he's having a hard enough time keeping up with the demand for the other bikes he serves, but he did acknowledge that the Speedy would be a great bike for him to tackle next. Too bad, because the holeshot exhausts are some of the sweetest I've seen. http://www.holeshot.com

If Akra gets around to making a set, I could definitely be tempted to part with some greenbacks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts