Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished off the final touches of installing the Raask exhaust system, Sweet......
Always new the stand was going to hit as it is so low slung but not sure how bad - pretty bad...
Anyone got any suggestions how to get a tucked up stand or keep it off the exhaust?
Prefer not to go center stand but........

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Which part is hitting?--if it is the part that curves outward for you to put your foot on to deploy the side-stand, you could remove the side stand, heat that part and bend it to get more clearance.

Larry

·
Registered
98 Posts
I built a stopper out of a small piece of metal that bolts to the center stand mount and has a rubber bump stop on it.
If you want I can take a picture.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Road dog - will finish playing with set-up tomorrow and get some photos up - They are a nice system but cha ching is right.... But read that many posts about guys buying pipes and not being happy with them and trading up dropping a few hundred in the process, I thought***** it I'll buy the ones I want straight up - Glad I did - Look and sound sweet.....

I have played around a bit today and set it up so it hits the bolt on the exhaust clamp when it is up and not the exhaust with the foot just outside the line of the pipes as for the kick bar I will just grind it off it sticks out a mile apart from looking dilmock I have memories of following a mate who kicked his stand down while riding I couldn't get to him in time first left hander and he was in a ditch unconscious - Huge acco.....

As toyanvil suggests next step will be to stick a bit of rubber on the end of the bolt now....

·
Registered
246 Posts
My side stand did the same thing with the Togas. So, I found a little rubber thingy with peal off adhesive on one side and stuck it to the metal stop for the kickstand. Keeps it off the pipes by about 1/2 inch. Sorry, I don't know the technical name of this thingy. But, tell the guy at the local hardware store what you want to do and he will fix you up.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Blackjack,

I may have misunderstood what the problem is. If the side-stand is going up high enough and still hitting the silencer, there is a simple fix. Take some thick leather and glue it to the inside of the "elbow" joint on the side-stand (frame side) with elephant snot--that's silicone sealant to you cultured city folks. :-D I did this 12000 miles ago and have never had a problem since. This gives the side-stand something to hit just before it hits your silencer and you can adjust it by the thickness of the leather used--outta sight and outta mind.

Originally, I thought your problem was one where the side stand wasn't coming up high enough because of contact with the silencer.

I'm one of those that bought two exhaust systems to get what I wanted--cost more than your RAASK's and probably more than any other 's doing it that way--NOT recommended. I like the looks and sound of the RAASK's.

Larry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, Here be the problem in photo......

From side on you can see how low the stand sits - Needless to say it scrapes on every left hander.......

From behind not only low but also sits a fair way out...

Aus Dealer is talking to Silvert Raask tonight to get some info, so he should be able to sort it out.

I will keep posted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts