Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting Predators on my T100. I also have Hepco & Becker side cases, which I don't use all that often but I'd obviously still like to have the option to use. The first picture shows how far down the bags reach. The other is from the BC website. I've looked at as many pictures of the Predators as I can find, and it looks like the pipes will fit underneath them ok, but I'm wondering whether the upward slope and the proximity to the bags will interfere at all with the proper flow of the exhaust. I'd guess the clearance is 2-3 inches. Trying to save myself some shipping costs. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have, and that's why I think it will fit. What I'm really wondering is whether it's a bad idea to have the exhaust within a few inches of the side case.

·
30,527 Posts
Should be OK, I have preds too, and they are close to my side bags - a couple of inches away - I don't think it's an issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes, I have, and that's why I think it will fit. What I'm really wondering is whether it's a bad idea to have the exhaust within a few inches of the side case.
I'd worry more about the side cases than the exhaust flow. If you were putting the end of the silencer two to three inches from a flat surface that was perpendicular to the flow, you'd probably have some weird issues arising from that, but there's plenty of air for the exhaust to expand into once it leaves the silencer, so occluding a small percentage of it with a bag shouldn't be a big deal. Worst case, it bounces off the bottom of the bag at an oblique angle, which doesn't do much to disrupt the flow of the exhaust behind it.

Your bags might end up smelling like exhaust, though. Not sure. Never tried it. Just sayin'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts