Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a speed triple (1998) will fit my 98 sprint sport?, i 'mlooking to replace to standard 3 into 2 with a 3 into 1.

I think the old system weights quite a bit and i fancy swopping over to a nice stainless system.

Failing that does anyone know which exhaust system are swopable?.

cheers.:)

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
If the 1998 Speed Triple is the 885cc T509 then yes the headers will fit, there may be some modifications to get a can to fit though.

Remus do a 3-1, Trident might be worth a look too, Sprint Manufacturing do one, the best would be to get a old Sebring (Triumph badged) 3-1..but they are few and far between ;-)

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Sebring (Triumph badged) 3-1..but they are few and far between ;-)
Been looking for one of these too. If anyone sees one thats not trashed, let me know. Probably keep my existing can.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Back in 96, I bought the Sebring 3:1 and the Alcons as a package from the dealer for $995. Seemed like a bargain at the time. It looks like a steal now............

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
$US800 for Alcons is to dear for me.:eek:

Sadly, I can see why people part-out Super IIIs. :( Alcons, cams, CF bits, and you're in the black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts