Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 06. Interested in replacing the exhaust - looking to stay with 2 cans, upswept, maybe CF. Anyone know where I can source a full system with twin CF exhaust? Does Arrow make a 1 to 2 that can be used with their new 3 into 1 header to split the exhaust for use with their CF slip-ons?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Rcaudill - Like you, I prefer the look of the dual silencers. I decided on the Trident carbon half system that has larger diameter tubing in the mid-pipe and silencers. With black ceramic coating and the the pre-cat removed for the header ( and a few other mods), they sound great and perform well - even better than the video above.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Bet your money on the Trident full system-all rear sets clear and no draggin in the corners plus the centerstand from Moto-Tec clears ! Boy do they sound good. Dev sold me and I am glad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up the the Chain Reaction 2 weeks ago. Just picked it up from my mechanic. Looks and sounds great.

Bob's da Man - www.chainreactionmoto.com

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
nice look'n bike mebek. Even though I haven't bought anything from Bob, I can say that he is a great guy to deal with. :-D And his pipes sound great!

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2007-02-02 13:17 ]

·
Registered
41 Posts
mebekj -

The chain reaction looks just amazing. How does the sound on the chain reaction exhaust compare to stock? Is it just a different note, or is the volume different as well?

Also, what mechanic do you take your S3 to? How happy are you with them? I'm looking for a good mechanic in the LA area (preferably close to downtown)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
too much weight in the rear with dual high-mount exhausts. i will never run with dual high-mount exhausts again. ever. the weight difference is unreal. no joke.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 2007-02-06 22:53, fuzbox wrote:
mebekj -

The chain reaction looks just amazing. How does the sound on the chain reaction exhaust compare to stock? Is it just a different note, or is the volume different as well?

Also, what mechanic do you take your S3 to? How happy are you with them? I'm looking for a good mechanic in the LA area (preferably close to downtown)

Thanks
My mechanic is Ade (http://www.adepackett.com/) I'm so happy with him that I'm reluctant to share him because I'm sure he will be helping someone else when I need him to be working on my bike! :mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
You definately need the Triumph off road silencers. They are the best. Perfect sound, performance and looks, and for the right price. Way better exhaust than anything else out there.

Incidentally, I have a set for sale since I purchased a Trident system. :-D

[ This message was edited by: Chinookmark on 2007-02-18 00:13 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On 2007-02-18 00:12, Chinookmark wrote:
You definately need the Triumph off road silencers. They are the best. Perfect sound, performance and looks, and for the right price. Way better exhaust than anything else out there.

Incidentally, I have a set for sale since I purchased a Trident system. :-D

Incidentally, I have a set for sale since I purchased a Zard system. :-D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks KarmaPunk1. I get comments on it all the time.
You need to see it in person - even better. Especially now with the black forks, calipers, headlight buckets, rear sets, and side stand. I will shoot some new photos when I get the engine back in.

On exhausts - with the stock header, most of the aftermarket exhausts will perform similarly. Get the exhaust that looks and sounds the way you want. If you don't like the sound while riding, you will not like your bike.

If you plan on doing some header work , or an aftermarket header, at a later date, get a system with larger diameter tubing for the mid pipe and silencers than stock. Also look for smooth bends in any tubing.

Carbon canisters tend to sound a bit deeper than metal ones. Conical silencers tend to have a raspier sound. Larger diameter canisters absorb sound better, and larger diameter tubing through the silencer tends to be louder.

Get the look and sound you like and enjoy the bike. Performance is not everything.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
On 2007-02-02 13:02, mebekj wrote:
I picked up the the Chain Reaction 2 weeks ago. Just picked it up from my mechanic. Looks and sounds great.
What materials are used in these? The guts are obviously stainless and the exterior is coated to get the black color. Hard to tell in all the pictures I've seen of these.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts