Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little concerned my exhaust is a little hot by the discoloration of my header, I have a Tec 2-1 exhaust and I've been slowly cutting the baffle back to where it's about 2 inches long. Only other thing I've done is AIS removal. What do you guys think? Is there some other indication of heat, like the spark plugs? I have a temperature gauge oil plug, it doesn't seem to run any hotter then before. I've been trying to contact Tec (not heard back from them) about getting a new baffle as I think I've cut too much off. I'm not really interested in doing a remap.
Thanks, Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
So did you do a remap after putting on the new exhaust and removing the SAIS? If you didn't tune, then it might still be running a little lean.

And since you live in a warm place, that ambient air temperature isn't helping to cool the engine.

I have a TEC 2-2, and at one point I didn't like the color that the headers were turning (before I did the TTP ARK and tune 11), so I used a scotchpad and some elbow grease to get them back to the original finish. They've turned a little darker and more golden since, and I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well you've allowed more air to pass through the engine but kept the same fuel map, so it's going to run leaner and therefore hotter. You might get away with this if you leave the baffle in (especially as you have done no airbox mods), but not re-mapping with a modified/removed baffle is asking for trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts