Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 1999 tiger 885I and it's next to impossible to get an aftermarked can over here in BC. Has anybody ever modified a can from other makes/models to fit a Tiger? My son is a welder so some modification shouldn't be to hard,I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I ride a 1999 tiger 885I and it's next to impossible to get an aftermarked can over here in BC. Has anybody ever modified a can from other makes/models to fit a Tiger? My son is a welder so some modification shouldn't be to hard,I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

The can that fits on the 885i is the same as the one that was fitted on all the 955i's,any aftermarket can for one will fit the other,the Triumph aftermarket can that Triumph sold had a different part number because they also supplied a connecting pipe that replaced the collector box,the connecting pipes are rare(secondhand),but you can fit an aftermarket pipe direct onto the collector box with any problems(i did both and it ran fine).

Just buy one off e-bay,and get it posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,I thought they looked the same just never measured them, now to find a deal on ebay or wherever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Existing Exhaust Mod

One thing I am thinking about is to mod the collector box with a turn down tip and install a washer on a pivot screw inside the turndown. The collector box does a far job of muffling down the motor.
This would give the room needed to make the luggage bag on the right as big as the one on the left.
Any one have an extra collector box in the Oregon area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts