Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
no you can get your ing box done talk to pie man
talk to me goose... this is the ignition that gets re-mapped? To fire more spark like an MSD ignition? My bonus just hit the bank account so after I pay property taxes, I can let fly with a little more $.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
no it changes your advace curve and gives you more total advance .It will make the bike rev faster and maybe give you a few hp .jeff knows about it talk to him .Procom makes a after market box but its not as good as a reworked stock box .jeff has a procom box of mine to try on his bike and see if it helps.He might let you plug it in and see what your bike does if you twist his arm alittle.Watch it though he might want to take your pipes to put on his bike lol.While hes not looking you can swap carbs with him.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, I rtv'd the last joint (Ypipe to muffler) and have eliminated the noticeable airleaks.

I ended up installing the headers last; not just tightening them last, but joining them to the Ypipe then onto the head. A good bead of rtv at every joint and bob's your uncle.

Rode it over to sweat's house today to sync the carbs (not needed) and to annoy his neighbors...Great weather in Austin, finally, for some good rides. I just have to rebuild the calipers on my car tomorrow then I'll be back out on the road.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Aw shucks...

Still not totally sold on the flyscreen though. But given how often I'm cruising at 60+, it works well to knock down some of the wind. I think if my front end were as clean as sweat's I'd consider it--if I lowered the gauges, blacked the headlight bucket, etc. But I'm feeling finished working on the bike for a while.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts