Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't for the life of me get these damn things to stay on. The tank curves to the edges always seem to come unstuck, anyone else have problems with them? I cleaned the surface before applying them. Is there any type of safe adhesive to use if the original has worn off?

:mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep brand new. Mine is the 08 model, not sure if theres a different set of knee pads for this model than the ones I got. But I got them from the triumph dealer.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can't for the life of me get these damn things to stay on. The tank curves to the edges always seem to come unstuck, anyone else have problems with them? I cleaned the serface before applying them. Is there any type of safe adhesive to use if the original has worn off?

:mad:
When you say "clean", you don't mean with spray cleaner & polish (used to be called Honda Polish), do you? I often tape directions to my tank. If I've recently used that stuff, no tape will stick.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Clean the tank where the pads will be applied with mucho alcohol it will help activate the 3M adhesive. No not Jack Daniels. :D Clean it off good and let the alcohol evaporate. Remove the tape and stick applying pressure to all outside areas first.

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
hmm thanks, seems like something to try. I wonder if they will peel off though if you wanted to take them off without making a mess.
Yeah, they will peel off if need be. The 1st time I stuck 'em on, I did not use enough of that tape and they started to come off. I peeled em off the rest of the way, and had to pick for about 10 minutes to get the rest.

Had 'em stuck on this way for quite a few washings and some cold weather, so far, stuck like.... well, glue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts