Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that the evap canister on my 06 should go away. I realize that I gain nothing from this as far as performance, but it is big -n- ugly and probably heavier than it looks. Reports are in that there appears to be no way to shut down the solenoid via ECU. Has anyone removed theirs and disconnected the solenoid? Did it trip the check engine light?

I have no plans to move to California anytime soon, so legality isn't an issue here. So feed me the knowledge folks....

[ This message was edited by: milqster on 2006-11-25 23:38 ]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Dunno about the canister, but if you feed in a non SAI tune (the one for the Aussie and South African markets) you should be OK for ripping out the SAI. My guess is that the canister removal is OK provided said tune is loaded.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Gotta do a non-SAI tune if you want to remove the canister as it is part of the secondary air injection system and has a solenoid attached to it.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Maybe I will rip it out but am handicapped for a week as I cut the $hit out of my left index finger this PM doing some Xmas decoration repairs to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Maybe the deer getting even for my son shooting one on our hunting trip Friday and Saturday. I did not even see a deer! Seven in my back yard Thursday.
Blood, ER Trip, bandaged, splinted, spliced etc. My new Buck knife works really well.
Nice clean cut the Doc said. So I am down for now, or just a one-handed motorcycle rider. Really great weather to ride and I am grounded. [email protected]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to here about the mishap. Hope it heals up well. If those deer aren't creating road hazards, they'll get ya any way they can I guess.

Edit: The reason i am asking about this is because I don't yet have a tuneboy....or a female who could buy me one for Christmas. :razz:

[ This message was edited by: milqster on 2006-11-26 21:27 ]

·
Registered
969 Posts
On 2006-11-26 21:26, milqster wrote:
Sorry to here about the mishap. Hope it heals up well. If those deer aren't creating road hazards, they'll get ya any way they can I guess.

Edit: The reason i am asking about this is because I don't yet have a tuneboy....or a female who could buy me one for Christmas. :razz:
You oughta have plenty of money then without the woman! :-D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2006-11-26 22:08, Triple_Rider wrote:

You oughta have plenty of money then without the woman! :-D
True, but I used to have the woman.......and that resulted in a 10 year old son who likes to eat regularly. It's all good though, he likes motorcycles and doesn't whine as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts