Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know anything about it. Supposed to not boil `till 191 degrees Celsius. Run at lower pressure. Last forever.
Must purge all your glycol mix so as not to contaminate more than 3%, to be effective.

This is my first post since Feb.27, after being issued a warning for insulting another member. Guilty as charged. Trying to stick to technical based matters to avoid opinion based bickering. So if you have some facts to relate, please add to this thread.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Checkout YouTube theres a guy on there under the name Moonfleet41 he is also known as Delboys garage and he does a feature on Evans waterless coolant , very informative.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ethylene glycol, boils at 197 C more expensive than propylene glycol, but more toxic (if you drink it).

We run Et-glycol in our chillers at work and they cool equipment that typcically run at more than 500 C. We do mix some water in as Et-glycol cannot transfer enough heat as water.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all replies. Just heard about Evans in a Canadian bike mag. Author of article put it in his Ducati 916. Says it`s great.

What`s the diff, between it & Engine Ice ?. What are the horror stories about Evans ?.

Haven`t checked the YouTube link yet. Thanks for adding it.

I need a coolant change soon. The fan on my old `03 comes on after a few minutes of stop & go city riding when the gauge reads 103. Tho` I don`t do much of that.

I`ve been considering the Samco hoses too. Though not sure I should continue to throw $$$ at the old girl. But mileage is low, & a new replacement for anything I like is at least $13,000 CDN, plus tax, PDI, delivery, & stuff I`d want to make it mine.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts