Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if triumph makes a different light switch,for european bikes,with an on off switch for headlights. i also have a klr 650, and have installed a european lightswitch,it looks the same as on my 06 sprint except for the on off switch.you can see a "hump" where the on off switch would be on the sprint lightswitch.i would like to have option to cut lights off .

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum NS9138

The UK and Australian models have the on/off switch combo. Give yourself and intro so we know to whom we are addressing. How is that for posh?? :D

There are some great guys and excellent info to be had here..

DaveM will be along soon...

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum NS9138

The UK and Australian models have the on/off switch combo. Give yourself and intro so we know to whom we are addressing. How is that for posh?? :D

There are some great guys and excellent info to be had here..

DaveM will be along soon...

Yoo Hoo,

You called Mr Chef?:rolleyes:

Yes that is very posh indeed Steven, very nice.

Well welcome nightship9138 to our Sprint forum.:)

When you can please read our forum stickies as Don and I ask all noobs to do this so don't panic, chuck in the towel or have a fit:p

Cheers,
DaveM

·
Registered
213 Posts
There was talk a few years ago about making day riding lights compulsory in the EEC.
The law never went past the discussion stage but pretty much all the manufacturers pre-empted the decision and removed the light switches from their bikes.
Who knows, maybe they thought it made a 180mph Sportsbike look safe. When we all know it's the Big Nut on the end of the bars that decides if it's safe.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi,
welcome to the forum :)

AFAIK lights have to be switched on permanently due to an EU Commission instruction which was published 2-3 years ago.

If You want to change switches with lights on/off possibility You should search an old type ones (before 2005).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts