Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a luggage rack. Sick of everything in my backpack. The only luggage rack I can find by hepco-becker requires a euro spec tail light and new turn signal lights. Rizoma works. Where can I find the tail light?

·
Registered
880 Posts
any Triumph dealership. They are on emergency back order as in there are no extras out there, only enough for production. You can use the older euro spec light from the 19-21, Thruxton S/R 16-19 and Scrambler 1200 19-21 - however, you’ll have to manually wire it as the harnesses are totally different..

I ordered a Euro spec light months ago for a project. But I just gave up after all these months of waiting and ordered one of those tail lights And manually wired it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Givi on my 2020 Speed Twin I cut the lower braces off and had it re powder coated now I can easily remove it, it's still more than strong enough to support anything I will put on it and it doesn't interfere with the stock turn signals.

I
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wood Bicycle handlebar Floor Electrical wiring Flooring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any Triumph dealership. They are on emergency back order as in there are no extras out there, only enough for production. You can use the older euro spec light from the 19-21, Thruxton S/R 16-19 and Scrambler 1200 19-21 - however, you’ll have to manually wire it as the harnesses are totally different..

I ordered a Euro spec light months ago for a project. But I just gave up after all these months of waiting and ordered one of those tail lights And manually wired it

Understood. I guess my question is how to wire the tail-light to accomodate the Rizoma turn signals. I assume the mounting to the frame is the same pre-2022 and currently.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The only way there is, cut wires and check continuity.

Ground is easy, that’s black.

Find which one is hot with the key on, there’s your running light.
Find the one that is hot when you hit the brake, there’s your brake light

On the taillight side find the low intensity light, that’s the running light, high intensity will be your brake.

Turn signals much the same, cut and test.

Do it right and solder and shrink wrap the connections, and when done wrap it all in electrical tape either vinyl or cloth type, and it’s job done and clean as OEM.

I just did this exact job a few days ago and once I figured out where each went on the bike, I went and worked inside making the connection, soldering and shrink wrapping, etc took it back out, tested everything was working properly and bolted it back onto the bike.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the Givi on my 2020 Speed Twin I cut the lower braces off and had it re powder coated now I can easily remove it, it's still more than strong enough to support anything I will put on it and it doesn't interfere with the stock turn signals.

I View attachment 774864

View attachment 774865
That's the fix I need! Are you here in the states? Did you do the work or tell me who did yours?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I see you're in Canada. But thanks for your post anyway, now I know what to tell a shop to do to my rack
Thanks!!
I cut the bracing off with a hack saw then used a grinder with a flapper disk to smooth out the welds then the powdercoat shop sand blasted it and re powdered it in satin black.

I wanted a rack that could be easily removed as I want one for longer trips to strap a bag to but I think the bike looks better without one so for day to day use the rack comes off. I cut the lower bracing off with the intention of having different bracing welded on in order to clear the larger North American indicators when I reinstalled it without the bracing there was no flex at all it feels solid if you plan on using a large or heavy top box I would look at some additional bracing for my use it's more than sufficient. This is the Givi rack if you use a different manufacturer it may not be as sturdy after modifications.

I mention this as the OP was looking at different indicators and tail lamp to work with an aftermarket rack my point was if you modify the rack you don't have to mess with the lighting unless of course you want different lighting. I like the oem indicators and the Canadian models come with the center tail and brake light so I wanted a rack that worked with the original lighting.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I cut the bracing off with a hack saw then used a grinder with a flapper disk to smooth out the welds then the powdercoat shop sand blasted it and re powdered it in satin black.

I wanted a rack that could be easily removed as I want one for longer trips to strap a bag to but I think the bike looks better without one so for day to day use the rack comes off. I cut the lower bracing off with the intention of having different bracing welded on in order to clear the larger North American indicators when I reinstalled it without the bracing there was no flex at all it feels solid if you plan on using a large or heavy top box I would look at some additional bracing for my use it's more than sufficient. This is the Givi rack if you use a different manufacturer it may not be as sturdy after modifications.

I mention this as the OP was looking at different indicators and tail lamp to work with an aftermarket rack my point was if you modify the rack you don't have to mess with the lighting unless of course you want different lighting. I like the oem indicators and the Canadian models come with the center tail and brake light so I wanted a rack that worked with the original lighting.
Thanks, that's exactly my situation. Did you have to use longer bolts at the top shock mount?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I want a luggage rack. Sick of everything in my backpack. The only luggage rack I can find by hepco-becker requires a euro spec tail light and new turn signal lights. Rizoma works. Where can I find the tail light?
I have both the front and rear AND tail lights to convert a US spec bike to the Euro. But honestly the rack modification that Tytan posted will be a lot cheaper. But if you are interested I'll look back at what I paid and consider selling to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts