Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I am in the process to order the ermax covers with integrated LED indicators from UK. I would like to know if anyone has them on their 09 S3, and if the actually fit without any modifications to the pre-drilled holes on the cover! My radiator mounting holes are from center to center exact 5 inches apart, and the covers are advertised as a fit for the 05 to 07 S3 models. Could someone with an 07 S3 model please measure for me his/her mounting holes distance so that I can determine if they would fit. Sorry to ask you's but the shop I am ordering from has no idea about the mounting holes distance :0(
Thanks so much in advance!! :0)

Here is the cover I intend to purchase!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
the mounting bolts on my 07 S3 are 5 inches apart, those are some interesting shrouds, gonna have to look into those once i get done tinkering with my thruxton.

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
Well 33 people have watched this... no one can help?? :D
[Moderator Hat on] Ozzy - slow down there! You've waited less than 24 hrs - have a little patience. It's not like you're stranded by the side of the road or anything in desperate need of this right this minute. [/Moderator Hat Off]

OK - The defining part would be the radiator - I believe it is unchanged since the 05 model year. Certainly on my 05 radiator the mounting bolts appear to be at ~ 5" spacing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Moderator Hat on] Ozzy - slow down there! You've waited less than 24 hrs - have a little patience. It's not like you're stranded by the side of the road or anything in desperate need of this right this minute. [/Moderator Hat Off]

OK - The defining part would be the radiator - I believe it is unchanged since the 05 model year. Certainly on my 05 radiator the mounting bolts appear to be at ~ 5" spacing.
I am only wanting to go ahead with the ordering process :D So if I cannot confirm the mounting holes position I cannot place the order ;)
That's why the rush :p
Anyway my question now has been answered thanks to the two posts above, so the waiting time for the shrouds to get to me will start :(

PS: I was under the impression that the 09 model had a slightly different radiator, but obviously I was wrong!

·
Banned
557 Posts
I had an 07 and now I have an 09. The mounting holes are identical. Identical radiator. Go for it.

In fact the stock radiator cowls on my 2009 are now on my buddy's 2006.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you replaced them? Pictures of them on your bike or of the damage?
I was thinking of getting the carbon fiber ones.
This is what I have now...

And this are the ermax covers. I have to remove the carbon right cover in order to reveal the scratches on the frame and the damaged clutch cable it's caused :( ... will do that soon and post it up for you. Also a quick note about the indicators, if you ride in rain the glue which holds them on comes off and the will peel-off

·
Registered
29 Posts
To answer the OP's question, I fitted the shrouds from a 09 on my 07, the only difference is that the 07 does not have the top bracket to screw the shroud down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
on the pic with the CF shrouds... what blinkers are those?

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking at the ermax but did not get the warm fuzzy so held off. I like the CF ones alot more. They match the black of the motor better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts