Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm hoping for a few enlightening pointers on error codes. I've read a variety of threads on here, and have become more rather than less puzzled.

I bought a TuneECU cable the other day, and on cue 2 days later I had my first ever engine light appearance (mine's an '01 DSSA). Codes coming up were:
  • P0135 Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction
  • P0230 Fuel pump relay default
  • P1231 Fuel pump relay open circuit or short to ground
I tried the trick I'd read numerous times of doing an "error code reset" - all worked fine, at first, as on restart it seemed error free. Then after the bike warmed up the 3 codes returned.

Life intervened for a few days, and so today I've plugged in again, only to find not the three previous codes, but a single new one:
  • P0462 Fuel level sensor circuit low input

Again I did the reset - all clear. Left the bike to get up to operating temperature, and it's still all clear.

Is it perhaps that I have electrical connections all over needing a liberal dose of contact spray? Is it an ECU needing a good stiff scotch? (no, that's me)... Is it simply the oft-read-about Triumph electrical gremlins ensuring I don't feel left out?

I suppose my main question is - if the light goes off, and this time stays off, should I simply say "thank you, TuneECU", be glad I bought the cable, and get out riding again?

Cheers
Matthew

·
Registered
148 Posts
It never hurts to check and clean connectors occasionally. Dielectric compound is your friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts