Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone care to share their experience with the EPCO stainless exhaust on a TBS? I am considering this route but unsure as to how loud they are in comparison to the TOR's. They are priced right inline to the TOR's but I like the look alittle bit more.
Here is a link:

EPCO Stainless Mufflers

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had them on my bike for 4 months and 1800 miles and they are top notch. About the same "volume" as the TORs but more throaty- they sound meaner in my opinion. Be ready to remove carbs and drill off the silly caps on the idle mix screws- you'll need to enrich just a tad. Or, at least i did. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to sound too ingnorant here but is that your method of rejetting? I know that EPCO is working on a jet kit specifically for the TBS but has not been able to come up with one as of yet. How do you like the look compared to the TOR's? I have only seen the pipes in pics so I can't get a real feel for how they really look on the bike up close. If you had to do it again with the work involved with the carbs, would you do it again or go with the TOR's just for simplicity sake?
Scott

R

·
0 Posts
Well, being that its my bike in their pics - I guess I need to tell you that I like them. And I do! They weigh less than the factory pipes(I don't remember exactly how much) and they sound great - little louder until you get on it, then they roar. "meaner" is a good description. I was so happy with them, I also have EPCOs on my speedmaster.

[ This message was edited by: roundy77 on 2006-12-15 11:22 ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you rejett? If so, how difficult was it and what kit did you use? How would you compare them to the TOR's sound wise? Hoping that you have heard the TOR's of course.

Thanks for the feedback.
Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have had the Epco stainless on my 03 TBS for this last season and LOVE them. I installed a K&N panel filter and the pipes at the same time with no rejetting, just 2.5 turns on the mix screws. The seat of the pants dyno is night and day. The sound is awesome. Powerful at idle ,not too loud for the neighbours, as I ride to work at 7:00am. Around 3-4000 they sound great and at 5000+ the sound is heavenly!!!
Check my album link in my signature for some pics.
The quality is very good and they bolt right on. I would guess that they are less than half the weight of the stockers.
I should also mention the service from the guys is great. I had to get them to Canada and they looked after everything!
Get em!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jaben, that is a sweet lookin bike you have. I really do like the look of the Epco pipes on there. I think this is the route that I want to go, sleek, slender and meaner seems to fit the bill. Did you have to go with the K&N due to performance issues after you installed the pipes or just a preference to the filter? Just curious I guess.

Sounds like I'll be contacting Epco soon.

Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put in the K&N just because I like them. I have put them in most of my cars too. Performance is better and I like the idea of cleaning it rather than buying a new one.
If you do it it is a B1tch to get the airbox out and be careful with the screws holding it together.
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Everyone that hear my TBS loves the sound of my Epcos as much as I do! :razz:

[ This message was edited by: FastbyFonjozy on 2007-01-27 23:58 ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be nice if I could hear and physically see a set installed. I have seen pics but would really like to see them in person. Anyone close by the Upstate of SC area with this setup???

Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts

Total Est. Time: 46 hours, 3 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 2964.24 miles
Looks like a nice ride. This spring????
John
not as funny without the map.
click here

[ This message was edited by: jaben on 2007-01-31 19:54 ]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey John
I'd like to hear your pipes when the weather warms up, we're not 3000miles apart but hey, we can do the trip on a Sunday afternoon!

vern....

On 2007-01-31 19:49, jaben wrote:

Total Est. Time: 46 hours, 3 minutesTotal Est. Distance: 2964.24 miles
Looks like a nice ride. This spring????
John
not as funny without the map.
click here

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds good Vern!
Always up for a ride. Name the time and place.
Were you at the last RAT meeting in Duncan?
Sounds a little more feassable than a quick run to S.C.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That was in - September? I was at the last one there anyway. Going to the 6Mile pub for the RAT meeting tomorrow.

Planning on renewing my insurance end of Feb, so first sunny weekend in March I'll be in touch. I was heading for Port Hardy one morning in August and I saw you heading off to work. Must have been you, not too many '03 TBS on the Island. I waved, but to you I was just another blue Ford Focus :-D

Take it easy

·
Registered
183 Posts
I only go to the 6 mi if I can ride down and my wife is off. So it is few and far between. I am insuring Mar. 01 too so I will be ready!
Actually my bike is kinda famous in Nanaimo. I ride to work almost every day and it is parked on McCullough, runs parallel to the old Hwy. Lots of people seem to know it. Some even come into the shop to ask about it.
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts