Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all. In enhanced mobile view, I do not see a way to go to the first unread message of a thread. If I click the thread message that has new content, it takes me to the start of the thread and I can see no way to go to the first new unread message.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kevin,

I am using a nexus 6P running Android 7.1.1 with the latest version of chrome browser (55.0.2883.91)

Sorry I should have provided that information in my initial post.

Cheers,

M

·
Administrator
690 Posts
Hey there,

If you go to your UserCP (accessible from desktop view) you can change the thread display mode to show the newest post first.
Though, as Kevin mentioned, it should send you to the latest unread message. I just tested this within chrome on the latest update version of the Android OS on my Edge 6, and all seems to be working smoothly.
Can you try clearing your cache and cookies from your browser and let us know if that kicks it into shape?

Richard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well reading threads in "newest" first mode means that it is in reverse chronological order which destroys the posting order completely and one losses the sense of the conversation.

I have just cleared all cookies and the caches for the browser since the beginning of time and the problem still persists - opening a thread with new messages makes it start at the original post not the first unread post.

Cheers,

M

·
Administrator
690 Posts
Seeing the same behaviour as you now on my iphone. Nothing changed on my phone since it worked before. Seems similar to a issue we've been having on another site in our network. Will attach this issue onto that ticket with the tech team

Case #2347127

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts